Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie Pixel Editor Question

sjsocane

Hi everyone, I have a question.  I recently purchased both a Pixicon16 from LOR and an Alphapix from Holiday coro.  I know that I will need to update my LOR to the PRO model to use the Pixel editor.  My question is my Alpha Pix controller wont be here for several more months, but if I go ahead and purchase the upgraded software can I go ahead and start programming and then import the new devices into the program or do I have to wait until the gear arrives, then start programming? 

Thanks everyone

You don't need to wait for the controller to start sequencing, you can set up the controller at any time. All you need to do is set up the universes you'll be using in SE and start sequencing. If your using E1.31 it's as simple as setting up the info in Network settings

Edited by godman

8 minutes ago, sjsocane said:

Hi everyone, I have a question.  I recently purchased both a Pixicon16 from LOR and an Alphapix from Holiday coro.  I know that I will need to update my LOR to the PRO model to use the Pixel editor.  My question is my Alpha Pix controller wont be here for several more months, but if I go ahead and purchase the upgraded software can I go ahead and start programming and then import the new devices into the program or do I have to wait until the gear arrives, then start programming? 

Thanks everyone

Start setting up your network now, and add your devices as if they are installed, then program away. The only thing you wont be able to do is test your sequences (obviously). The sequence editor doesn't care whether the devices are attached or not. You really want to get a good handle on the e1.31 stuff now.

Mike

If you don't know what you configuration will be on your controllers, just set the controllers to undetermined then go back and set your props up once you know your set up.

SPaschall