Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR colors

Allen Walterman

I have been away for some time but back to programming CCR's. I am using an old version sequence editor 2.9.4. In the past I have used basic colors and have no problem sequencing what bI want. My question is, Is there a cheat sheet somewhere on mixing other colors? I am trying for orange and yellow and not getting there. Any help would be appreciated.

Allen

• Like 1

I would highly recommend that you upgrade your software as you are missing out on a bunch of new features. However, if you are into coding your colors in manually there is a nice chart that helps you with the decimal codes here:

http://www.rapidtables.com/web/color/RGB_Color.htm

Example: orange would be 255, 165, 0 and yellow would be 255, 255, 0

Edited by Mr. P
  • Like 1

Allen,

Step one - upgrade to a current version.  The capabilities that have been added since 2.9.4 is incredible.

Yellow in theory is full green and full red, however you may want to tweek that your liking. 

As I recall, I'm running something like 100% red and 20% green for orange.  I will point out that you WILL have to tweek that to your liking - it's REALLY picky.  Changing the green percentage only a point or two will make quite a difference.  And when I say you need to tweek it, I mean looking at actual lights (preferably in the location where they will be used).  Do NOT depend on the computer simulation.  Trust me that I have some colors that look horrible on the computer, but the actual lights look great.

I agree with the others to upgrade to a current version. Superstar is a good choice too. In SS has changed some what these days with image importing & what not..

thanks for the response, I guess I will upgrade and see where it takes me.

I don't know what license level you have but even just renewing for $29.95 so you can go from S2 to S4 would be be a big improvement.

• 1 month later...

Superstar is the way to go.  I haven't used Pixel Editor so I can't comment on that program.  I use superstar to progarm my CCRs and it's incredible.  I have 10 ribbons laid horizontally on my roof and I'm able to do effects as well as animations.  When I can afford them I hope to add some additional strings to allow for a higher matirx giving me more room to work with.  I just finished uploading videos I took of my first 4th of July show. I mounted the ribbons on our roof for our Christmas show and decided to leave them up.  For our 4th of July show I only used the ribbons.  I'll post the link below if you want to see them.  There are 4 videos at the top of my list.  I do have one string that has developed a problem and it says lit white all the time.  Due to some health issues I have not been able to go up to determine the problem.  (thinking it might be the controller).  But the eye compensates so it isn't a huge problem in most cases. I'm still new at this -- been doing LOR for a about 3 years but this past year was my first use of the CCRs.  It is amazing what can be done with them.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCbdk6vpWjakAHHW5kuztEjA

Edited by tomsusie

• The topic was locked