Light-O-Rama Forums

Fixture Limit Question

randyhdaniels

I am new to Visualizer I am importing 288 channels from HLD over.  I have a question about fixtures I made some strobes more than 25 and only 16 showed up on the screen.  Did I miss something in the documentation?

Is there a way around this?

I also created a HC Singing Mrs Clause and max out the fixtures there also.  Why because I wanted everything in color just like my display.  I had to combine the face and hair into the same color to get around this limitation when I hit 16 fixtures on the same channel.    What I did was put the hair, chin, flowers, inside flowers, earrings ect all on the Outline channel so they would all come on with the outline channel.

Can any one give me an Idea if this is something I have to live with, will it change in the future or is there a way to get around this.

Thank you for your time

Here are a few files I made Hope you enjoy, also if you have a better way please let me know...been doing this for about 5 days now.

Randy's North Pole Sign.lpf

Randy's HC Talking Santa.lpf

Randy's Holly #1.lpf

Randy's Dog House.lpf

Randy's Dog.lpf

Randy's Holly #2.lpf

Randy's Merry Christmas Sign.lpf

Edited by randyhdaniels

Randy, you are going to have to explain what is not showing up.  I imported your Talking Santa prop file into a visualization and assigned it idle channels and then created a sequence that stepped through the channels.  Displayed fine.  I then deleted that prop and imported it again with this time using your channel assignments.  I modified the sequence and played it again.  Other than the fact that you only used two channels for everything, it worked fine.

What am I missing?

Sorry I was Talking about Talking Mrs. Clause

I am new to this and I thank you for your help

In Mrs. Clause I wanted her in color like I will have in my yard.  So everything that would be on all the time I placed On the Outline Channel.  when I got to 16 fixtures another one would not show up.  so this is where I combined the chin and hair.

If you have a better way please show me.  I would be very thank full and then share with everyone.

Also please explain the Idle channels.

Just want to learn all I can.

Also if you can could you please send me the changes you have made to randyhdaniels@gmail.com

Randy Daniels

Edited by randyhdaniels

OK, now I've got it.  This right out of the Limits page in the Visualizer docs:

The Light-O-Rama Visualizer imposes the following limits on your visualizations:

Editor

· Maximum size of a simulation: 2500x2500 pixels.  However, it may be further limited based on your computer's specifications.

· Total number of fixtures: 1024

· Total number of props: 512

· Maximum number of bulbs/vertices per fixture: 256 (depending on Fixture Type)

· Maximum number of loaded channel references: 10,000 normal plus 10,000 RGB

Simulation

· Maximum number of virtual channels: Unlimited, but only the first 255 will be simulated.

· Maximum number of fixtures per channel: Unlimited, but only the first 16 fixtures will be simulated.

· Cosmic Color and DMX Pixel Fixtures: Only 1 CCD fixture per Network/Unit or 1 DMX Pixel fixture per Universe - No duplicates.

·

Device types and unit IDs: This depends upon your license's feature level.  Please refer to the feature comparison chart to check whether your device type or unit ID is supported by your feature level. Note: The demo version of the Visualizer counts as Basic with respect to this.

Note the second item under simulation...

I would split up those fixtures between a couple channels.  Not sure it makes much sense to have almost everything on one channel.

Thank you Jim:

Also What did you mean as an Idle channel?

And how do they work.

In the first load, I used one of my existing visualizations, so I used channels that were not in use in the existing visualization. Specifically I set your prop to use channels in controller 99 - which is unused by me.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk

• 2 years later...
On 5/12/2016 at 8:35 PM, randyhdaniels said:

I am new to Visualizer I am importing 288 channels from HLD over.  I have a question about fixtures I made some strobes more than 25 and only 16 showed up on the screen.  Did I miss something in the documentation?

Is there a way around this?

I also created a HC Singing Mrs Clause and max out the fixtures there also.  Why because I wanted everything in color just like my display.  I had to combine the face and hair into the same color to get around this limitation when I hit 16 fixtures on the same channel.    What I did was put the hair, chin, flowers, inside flowers, earrings ect all on the Outline channel so they would all come on with the outline channel.

Can any one give me an Idea if this is something I have to live with, will it change in the future or is there a way to get around this.

Thank you for your time

Here are a few files I made Hope you enjoy, also if you have a better way please let me know...been doing this for about 5 days now.

Randy's North Pole Sign.lpf

Randy's HC Talking Santa.lpf

Randy's Holly #1.lpf

Randy's Dog House.lpf

Randy's Dog.lpf

Randy's Holly #2.lpf

Randy's Merry Christmas Sign.lpf

Is it possible to send the Santa & Merry Christmas files?  I can't get them to download any longer?  

cmhspark@yahoo.com