Light-O-Rama Forums

SuperStar Force Rows/Columns

jamills706

I have read, and thought I understood, all of the posts I could find here on this subject....yet.....

My visualization still seems to have a mind of its own.

Here's what I have:

24 CCR matrix (vertical - so 50 pixels tall by 24 CCRs wide)

9 CCR tree (vertical - so 50 pixels tall by 9 CCRs wide)

6 CCRs mounted on 5 arches - arches 1, 2, 4, and 5 are 1 CCR, arch 3 has 2-CCRs 

Then I have strobes, snow tubes, gutter lights (LEDs), twinklers on the gutters, a static star for the top of the tree and 2 50W-RGB Floods.

All of the CCRs have Row set to 1.

The Matrix is Columns 1-24

The Tree is Columns 26-34

The Tree Star is Column 35 Row 1

The Arches are Columns 37-42

The Gutters and Twinklers are on Column 44 Rows 1 & 2

The RGB Floods are Column 46, Rows 1 & 2

The Strobes are Column 48, Rows 1, 2, & 3

The Snow Tubes are Column 48 Row 5

THE PROBLEM....

when I import this into Super Star they all appear next to each other - don't skip to the appropriate columns and all of the non-CCRs are gathered into 2 short columns.

I thought I understood what I was doing - but it just isn't doing what I think I am telling it!

Can anyone (Brian???) offer any suggestions?

The most common problems are:

1) There is a bug that if you set "Use MyOrder rather than SuperStars" then the force row/column stuff will not work

2) If you have a bunch of fixtures in a proper, only specify the row/column in the props. Do not specify row/column in the fixtures in the props.

3) When you import a visualization, in the import visualization dialog box you specify if want the grid to be "horizontal" or "vertical". If you choose vertical then the Row/Column terminology will match what you expect. That is, when you specify a row, it is a row in the grid. When you specify a column it is a column in the grid. And Row 1, Column 1 is the square in the upper left corner of the vertical grid.

However, if you import "horizontal" then you should think of the grid as being the same as the vertical grid except it has been rotated 90 degrees counter-clockwise. In other words, it has been "tipped-over" to the left. This means that the row/column terminology gets reversed. That is, rows are columns and columns are rows. For example, Row 1, Column 1 is the square in the lower left of the horizontal grid.

If the above info does not help, please email your visualization file to brian@superstarlights.com and I will take a look at it.