Light-O-Rama Forums

Ylvis - What Does The Fox Say

gsmith37064

Is this strictly a Christmas song or can it be used for Halloween as well? I am thinking that it could go either way.

The song does not really mention anything Christmas related. Has anyone used this for Halloween?

Thoughts? The reason i ask is because there is a CCR sequence for it and i only have a hand full of Halloween CCR sequences.

Edited by gsmith37064

I personally will never use it for either.

But I'm old - so good luck to you.

• Like 1

I can only assume that you two live in a retirement community that does not have small children. :)

But where i live... i get a lot of small children. But i have decided to use it has a Halloween song.

4 hours ago, gsmith37064 said:

Is this strictly a Christmas song or can it be used for Halloween as well? I am thinking that it could go either way.

The song does not really mention anything Christmas related. Has anyone used this for Halloween?

Thoughts? The reason i ask is because there is a CCR sequence for it and i only have a hand full of Halloween CCR sequences.

Have you listen to the song? There is no way I would use it for any season much less any display, unless it was for my ex-wife. But to pay for my time to listen to it and sequence it, I would have to strap her to a chair and force her to listen to it 24/7 all year long. :)

Nope, not even that is enough to pay for listening to that song.

Good luck if using it.

• Like 1

Yes I have listen to it and now I have added the CCR sequence to it. I think the kids will love it. It's a perfect song that little kids enjoy and drive their parents crazy with. After all I could be asking about a Chipmonk song instead.

But just for Santas Helper... I will upload the video for you to hear... AGAIN! :)

I had it this past season. It was fun for a minute. But this year I'm taking it out of rotation. 

8 hours ago, gsmith37064 said:

This is for you Santas Helper.

Thanks gsmith :) 

Luckily I have the option to click the play button... or not. LOL :) 

Have never seen the purpose in being negative or terse on other peoples song choices.

If and where you use the "fox" song is up to you.  My thought process in selecting xmas and halloween songs is...

For xmas, I stick with songs that have an xmas or seasonal message.  Just too many great vintage and modern songs that IMO, no reason to stray away from them and select non-xmas music. For halloween, I mix both halloweeny and non-halloweeny songs to add  variety and have some fun with. 

17 minutes ago, mpageler said:

Have never seen the purpose in being negative or terse on other peoples song choices.

I used 1:08 of the song in 2013.  That gives me license to be either negative or terse.  Maybe both.

For me, there's just way too many great non-Christmas songs to limit myself to nothing but the same sorry-sounding tunes I've heard annually for my entire life.

16 hours ago, gsmith37064 said:

This is for you Santas Helper.

I can't believe that you use the LOR animation window still!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Save some time and get a better preview! Use the VISUALISER! It must have taken you hours to draw those CCRs in!!!

I think it is silly to dislike shows which include non-Christmas Music. It does get a bit boring. Last year one person mentioned on the forums that they didn't like my videos because there was a non-Christmas song. I checked theirs and they had God Bless the USA in their show, which as far as I know is not a Christmas song.

I think that people should include whatever they feel. The popular Christmas songs can be hard to sequence and repetitive, so things like TSO, Mannheim Steamroller, remixed Christmas music and other things can be great. I include both in my show, about half and half.

8 hours ago, George Simmons said:

.... license to be either negative or terse.  Maybe both.

I think I'm both. Seeing that I've sat in on several of George's classes, I've earned the right. IMO. 

And to think... all i wanted to know if it would work for Halloween.

But i pulled the trigger and it's now included in my Halloween rotation.

Edited by gsmith37064
  • Like 1

@EmmienLightFan

The animation window does exactly what i need. It only took me about 45 minutes to add 800 DMX nodes. Not long at all.

It took me longer to get the face made.

Edited by gsmith37064

12 hours ago, Santas Helper said:

Thanks gsmith :) 

Luckily I have the option to click the play button... or not. LOL :) 

22 people have viewed it. Wonder if one of them could have been you? :)

Maybe I should make a ccr sequence for the parody to that song   However I can't because I am working on something else.

Edited by lightzilla
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, gsmith37064 said:

Not a chance buddy. LOL

I've heard that song once a few years ago and that's all I needed.

Maybe it was 22 new people that have never heard it before. :) 

On 5/10/2016 at 0:56 AM, gsmith37064 said:

You can check location down to State (Should that word be capitalised?) in the YouTube dashboard. :D

3 hours ago, EmmienLightFan said:

You can check location down to State (Should that word be capitalised?) in the YouTube dashboard. :D

There are quite a few LOR users in my state so that's not a great option to narrow it down to me. Even if you can narrow it down to YouTube members, I promise you still won't find me. :D