Light-O-Rama Forums

SuperStar new features: Import Image Files, Compress effects into a group, Select One or More Rows

BrianBruderer

There is another SSEdit.exe out there, it is v0.1605.14. The following changes have been made:

1) Copy/Paste of grouped effects was not working. This has been fixed.

2) In the Layout dialog box, if you are using an imported visualization, it displays the number of channels in the visualization and the license required to export the channels.

Thanks for the channel count.

And of course for the bug fixes.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk

5 hours ago, BrianBruderer said:

2) In the Layout dialog box, if you are using an imported visualization, it displays the number of channels in the visualization and the license required to export the channels.

This is really handy!  For anyone else, I will point out that when you import a visualization, the Layout screen disappears so you don't get to see the number of channels.  However,if you bring up the Layout screen again, it will show the channel count and license level required.

Brian

I have downloaded the latest version 0.1605 .14 and saved a sequence,  When I open it in 4.2.12 I get the following Message.

This sequence was saved using a newer version of the SuperStar software.  It may contain features and effects that this version of SuperStar will ignore.......

You know the rest.   

I thought you fixed this in version   .10?  Is this a new problem or is this because of the groups.

What will get lost if opened and saved in the 4.2.12 version?

The message  "This sequence was saved using a newer version of the SuperStar software.  It may contain features and effects that this version of SuperStar will ignore...." is not a bug. Version 4.2.12 does not know anything about groups. So when you save a file with groups, the effects will get saved, but the groups will not. In other words it will be as if you had ungrouped all the groups. The message is advising you that you will lose all your groups.

I would recommend that when using the pre-beta versions of the software that you rename the sequence and only use it with the new software. If you open it and save it using 4.2.12 you will lose the groups (but not the effects in the groups). Also, there could be bugs in the pre-beta versions so backup your sequences regularly to unique names. But I'll bet you are already doing that.

Yes back up and save often and rename,  just wanted to make sure it was just the groups that would be lost.   So Ungrouping is better than losing the effects.

I did try a grouping and when I added another  effect below the group which was now in Row 1 , it placed the effect down below the last effect before it was grouped.   I actually saw flashes of the pre grouped effects as it was working it way down the rows before it finally stopped after the last row that was used prior to the grouping.  Hope that makes sense.

There is a new SSEdit.exe out there. It is v0.1605.15. It has the following changes:

1) Added ability to name a group. Right click on a group and there is a menu item to "Edit Name of Group"

2) Fixed a bug in copy/paste of grouped effects. When doing a second copy/paste of a group, the paste contained the first group copied and the second grouped copied.

3) After saving a file, groups could get messed up. No groups were lost, but effects could become members of different groups

4) After doing an ungroup, it was looking for open layers. Changed it so when you do an ungroup and always retains the original layer assignments for the effects even if they overlap with other effects.

Mr Grinch, thanks for reporting the bug. I'm not sure I understand the description completely, but I have not experienced a bug like that. Though I have found some others that happen if you copy/paste a group more than once, or if you save a sequence and then keep working on the sequence.

I have been using it to work on a sequence and that is how I find the bugs. I appreciate you testing this in the pre-beta state because it does have bugs in it.

As for the bug you found, get v0.1605.15 and then if it happens again let me know. Let me know of any other bugs as well.

12 hours ago, BrianBruderer said:

1) Added ability to name a group. Right click on a group and there is a menu item to "Edit Name of Group"

Thank you Brian.  Working perfectly!

There is another SSEdit.exe out there, it is v0.1605.16. It has the following changes:

1) Fixed Copy/Paste so you can do a copy while a group is expanded, and paste while viewing all effects.

2) Added ability to rename a group while it is expanded

3) Fixed Select All, Select All Left, and Select All Right to work with groups, both in expanded view and regular view

• Like 1

There is another SSEdit.exe out there, it is v0.1605.17. It has the following changes:

1) Placing an effect in the next available layer was not always working right. This has been fixed.

2) If viewing an expanded group and you copied a scene, the scene copied would lose its membership with the group and become an ungrouped effect. This has been fixed. This only happened with scenes.

Thanks Brian   #1 on the list  was part of the the problem I tried to explain to you.  I will download and try it out.

There is another SSEdit.exe out there, it is v0.1605.18. It has the following changes:

1) Added + and - as accelerators for expand/compress groups

2) Made the "Edit Name of Group" dialog box come up close to where you click with the mouse.

3) Made it so you cannot shorten or lengthen the length of a group

Brian

Using .18 and all is going well.  Been opening and closing this file with .18,   I saved the sequence (There are no Groups in this sequence), opened it in 4.2.12 and got the standard error message about using the new version.   Then I got a new Error   

ERROR: Text Action saved index 5342589 out of order, remaining Text Actions not included.  

It removed all of my text from the sequence.

I did NOT save the sequence in 4.2.12 so I reopened it in .18 and got the same error message about the text, and the text was gone.

Thanks for reporting the problem. I expect that the text actions are still in the file but are not being displayed. Please email the sequence to brian@superstarlights.com and I will take a look at it and should be able to restore the text actions.

I have restored a backup copy...No loss on my side.  I can send the file if you need it but I don't...

Its Beta so I backup and save often more than I normally would.

Yes, please still email me the file, it will help me know what happened

There is a new SSEdit.exe out there. It is v0.1605.23. It fixes the problem that Mr. Grinch found, specifically:

1) A file with text actions in it that have the original "old" pre-ramp and post-ramp default settings would not save correctly. This has been fixed.

There is a new S4 beta available  Release announcement here.

The superstar code in this beta release is the same as v0.1605.23.

• Like 1