Light-O-Rama Forums

LED lights

Peter B

Hi All,

Need your help if possible. Somewhere on the forum (I have searched but can't find) about modifying the 100ct string led with the little box that gives 8 different sequences. The box has 5 wires going into it from the led's and 1 mains wire coming out.

Any help modifying so they are static only would be greatly appreciated.

Pete.

For regular mini-chasers its fairly simple:
You have Hots going to the bulbs and they share a common Neutral.

For LEDs, you may need to pay attention . becaue there is probably a rectifier on board there somewhere.

Peter B wrote:

Hi All,

Need your help if possible. Somewhere on the forum (I have searched but can't find) about modifying the 100ct string led with the little box that gives 8 different sequences. The box has 5 wires going into it from the led's and 1 mains wire coming out.

Any help modifying so they are static only would be greatly appreciated.

Pete.

Hello Pete,

I have done this numerous times. If you vandalise the "little box" to get into it, my experience is that they are glued together, I believe you will find full-wave rectification in there feeding the device(s) which switch the four LED strings. All you need to do is trace the tracks on the small PCB and it will be obvious how they are connected. Again my experience, as Pixeldigger says, is one common and four channels. Be sure to note the polarity. :shock:

Martin

Hi Peter

In our Aussie LOR users forum, we have had several threads relating to disabling controllers for LED lights while retaining the rectifier that is usually built into the controller. Note that in Australia, most of the lights are run from small transformers (240V to 24V - as a safety requirement), and the posts relate to low voltage controllers, see http://groups.google.com/group/Aussie-LOR-Users/browse_thread/thread/99140761d63ac98e/6a53f51283dd85b7#6a53f51283dd85b7

I have however also modified the controllers for 240V strings. The high voltage controllers were very similar internally.

Hope this helps Geoff