Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dgrant

4.3.10 Observations

I was working with 4.3.10 yesterday and more today. I quickly saw that "save" times were drastically longer than previous releases. An on-going issue with the Pixcon16 controller when trying to update it, still generates lots of errors trying to re-read the controller's configuration following a change....this has been happening a lot since the inception of it into the Network Preferences.

Save times in SE or some other element? I have only sequenced in SuperStar with 4.3.10 and have not noticed any issue - however the sequence I've been working on is my landscape lighting and is really simple.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk

Sorry, yes, SE save times are now much longer and the sequence is fairly large but not huge

Edited by dgrant

Not sure if this is just since .10 but the lag between pressing play and the actual start of playback is getting really annoying on a 200 MB file. I'm seeing 12 seconds repeatably every time.

Even pausing and immediately restarting takes 12 seconds.

It may be just me, or the ever increasing file size, but it's getting worse. 

And before any body asks, I'm not using VBR mp3's.

6 hours ago, dgrant said:

Sorry, yes, SE save times are now much longer and the sequence is fairly large but not huge

Are you sure you didn't forget to turn off 'Verify Load' and/or Export Compressed in the Save Preferences?  If you did a re-install or clean install those could have been reset.

Yes, I finally got back to it today. Yes, I usually update to the latest version right away so they did get reset in the process. With them turned off, it is faster. Still have the Pixcon16 update issues though. I'll re-check its firmware revision too just in case.