Light-O-Rama Forums
pikadroo

Controller Boxes

Have you thought about possibly using the plastic lockable outside sprinkler control boxes.. You know.. the ones that you can put your yard sprinkler controls in to keep them dry?

Maybe check places like Homedepot, Lowes, RainBird sprinkler company, orbit company etc. or maybe electrical control panel boxes..

I havent looked but just a couple ideas for you. maybe check amazon and e bay to for plastic control boxes.. 

Edited by Old Sarge

5 hours ago, pikadroo said:

Does anyone have a good place to get grey plastic boxes like the ones the CTB16PC kits use? Like these of course: http://store.lightorama.com/enforpcco.html If the Light-O-Rama ones weren't branded no doubt I would just buy those but I need a generic version.

Drew

How are they branded? A sticker? If so, just use a hair dryer to heat it up and lift it off.

5 hours ago, pikadroo said:

Does anyone have a good place to get grey plastic boxes like the ones the CTB16PC kits use? Like these of course: http://store.lightorama.com/enforpcco.html If the Light-O-Rama ones weren't branded no doubt I would just buy those but I need a generic version.

Drew

I bought a few of these and will be buying a few more. They have plenty of room

http://www.amazon.com/BUD-Industries-NBF-32026-Plastic-Economy/dp/B005T94MQU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1461368763&sr=8-2&keywords=bud+industries

9 minutes ago, ebrown1972 said:

Ouch - that's pretty high priced.  (Unless that price already includes a power supply.)

You could probably get both for about that same amount of money from DIYLEDExpress.

Oh wow thanks! Lots of help. Appreciate it! The HolidayCoro.com ones are the right price no doubt might be the right size and they look a lot like the ones at diy express but little bit cost prohibitive on what they have them listed for. The Amazon box I have two of those and they are AMAZING but it's too big for what I am doing. I swear years ago on here there was a thread with one that looked like the HolidayCoro.com box but was the same dimensions as the Light-O-Rama box but without the branding. Which is in the plastic on the ones I have here I just assume they still are unless someone knows different and maybe when you buy a stand alone LOR box it isn't branded? Weird how the selection on these things is so thin??? Not a lot of options like I remember being out here. =/

Drew

1 hour ago, George Simmons said:

Ouch - that's pretty high priced.  (Unless that price already includes a power supply.)

You could probably get both for about that same amount of money from DIYLEDExpress.

They are much bigger than the cg1500 and as long as the order is at least $50 the shipping is free. I bought 2 a while back and they were $34 each and free shipping. I am using them to place 4 power supplies in each one to run my falcon controllers which will be housed in a cg1500.

3 hours ago, jeremy.jackson28 said:

CG 1500 on dyi led express is only $11.86 right now. Or 6 for $65

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I see you have to click that next/previous button to see other items... hell for that price I may try one... and I didn't notice they were in packs. NICE! =)

Drew

Edited by pikadroo

Thanks... I was at 99.00 after shipping for four with HC...

Six from DIY was 90.00 after shipping... I only needed two, this way LOR can sell me more controllers. :)

How many are you looking for?  I have some that my husband ordered (I think from holidaycoro), not realizing that the controllers already came with.  If interested, contact me via PM and I can provide actual photos, measurements and also figure out price.

I love the LOR boxes...

I want a box I can put two LOR controllers in. Four controllers and a Light Linker would be the bomb!

Even two controllers and a light linker would be acceptable.

• Like 1

So, I bought one of the DIY boxes and the door is so deep. Anyone seen anything with a thinner profile out there?

Drew

I disagree for my usage. I can get two 16 channel LOR controllers in one, but with wires it is going to be tight.

I think if the aluminum frame of the LOR 16 channel weren't so tall.

I want to knock 3/4 inch off of each, but that may not happen.

22 hours ago, pikadroo said:

So, I bought one of the DIY boxes and the door is so deep. Anyone seen anything with a thinner profile out there?

Drew

If you're talking about the CG1500 we referred to earlier, it's about 5". By the time you mount a controller and connect all your wiring, it's not very much too deep. For the price, will be hard to beat. 

On 5/3/2016 at 3:44 PM, Mega Arch said:

If you're talking about the CG1500 we referred to earlier, it's about 5". By the time you mount a controller and connect all your wiring, it's not very much too deep. For the price, will be hard to beat. 

oh what the heck, I bought the wrong one. I got the 1000... ok... that was a case of man eyes. Take two...

Drew

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pikadroo said:

oh what the heck, I bought the wrong one. I got the 1000... ok... that was a case of man eyes. Take two...

Drew

Drew - hate to break it to you - but....

the CG1000 is less than 1/2 the depth of the CG1500. Sure you didn't get the CG1000XL? It's the same depth as the CG1500. 

7 hours ago, Mega Arch said:

Drew - hate to break it to you - but....

the CG1000 is less than 1/2 the depth of the CG1500. Sure you didn't get the CG1000XL? It's the same depth as the CG1500. 

It was the XL... Ya know now that I look at it I am almost positive I was looking at the 1000 and clicked the 1000XL to buy. Bah, not like they are going to go to waste. =D

Drew

Edited by pikadroo