Light-O-Rama Forums

DUMB Pixels and CMB24D

gsmith37064

I will say a conditional yes. I am looking at this via my phone and the description is WAY shortened on the mobile version of the page. The only thing not answered is if the common wire is positive or negative. For our purposes, it needs to be common positive. Most strings are that way. Take a look to confirm that - the full web page should answer that, and if I remember, I will look when I get to a computer.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

The reason i ask is that the picture shows 4 pins for the pigtail connector but the information link points to a 3 pin pigtail connector.

Ray does sometimes become a victim of too much cut and paste, resulting in a description not quite being what was described elsewhere.  Send him a message asking to confirm it, and also to get a quote (especially if you are going to buy more than one).  The quote will save you quite a bit on shipping cost.  The automated system assumes every item shipped separately - which of course is not the case.

You have two conflicting pictures    The lights show four wires which is correct for the board and the pigtails show 3 wire connections  so ask which picture is correct

I just sent him an email to verify what the connector is. It's confusing when the main pic shows 4 pin but the spec detail link shows 3 pin.

Is anyone running dumb pixels on a singing face? If so what is the spacing between nodes? What are you using to hold them on?

I'm using Rays dumb bullet style nodes on my HC singing tree. There are working out perfectly. I believe they are ~3" spacing between nodes. 

1 minute ago, Cdanna77 said:

I'm using Rays dumb bullet style nodes on my HC singing tree. There are working out perfectly. I believe they are ~3" spacing between nodes. 

Can you post the link to the nodes you are using?

So your spacing on the tree is 3" between nodes as well? How bright is it?

Yes, they will work.

I am going to use the ones without pigtails and with multi-coloured wire, because they are a little cheaper.

I will use them for my singing faces.

I always assume they are common + unless it is stated. If it wasn't then they would make it obvious.

Ray replied and i now have 6 strands coming. It's cheaper to order directly from him that's for sure.

Looking forward to testing these out on the face. Right now i have RGB strips on it and it works pretty good. I figured since i had to take them off to redo the connectors with waterproof pigtails... i might as well look into the dumb nodes with the connectors already attached.