Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB24D DMX for Dumb RGB Flood Setup Problem

Reapeat

Hello all,

I apologize for my ignorance in this area so far.  I am brand new and trying to just get my setup right as a starting point.  I purchased the basic setup from Light-O-Rama with the CTB16PC controller, RS485 adapter, software, etc.  I also purchased the CMB24D DMX controller and 8 10W flood package (with a 12V power supply).  My goal is to just to make a simple sequence of the floods fading between colors for a stage production (as my first project - on to the house decorating next year).

I have been able to test a flood light as set up correctly using the Hardware Utility.  I can control all three colors (RGB) manually in the lighting console.  My problem comes with the Sequence Editor.

I add an RGB Channel and set it to LOR controller (circuits 1, 2 and 3).  When I play any sequence, nothing happens with the flood light now.  I must be doing something wrong with the setup, but I don't know ehere to start.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I've read enough online now to get a sense of how the sequencer works (and watched some tutorials).  But I can't seem to get "action" on the flood no matter what I try.  Again, I think the hardware setup is right based on testing in the hardware utility).  But I am doing something wrong in the setup inside the software.

Thanks all!

Jeff

Don't forget that you have to set the CMB24D ID number via the dip switches on the board and not the Hardware Utility. It comes shipped to you set at 1 but if you have a CTB16PC that would probably be 1 so the CMB24 needs to be set to 2. Then you need to add it to SE as 2.

Edited by Mr. P

One more thing.  You mention DMX in the message subject and the first paragraph.  Get that part out of your head.  If you're controlling the CMB24D with the LOR hardware utility, you are not running in DMX mode.  Yes, the card is capable of operating in DMX mode, but your are likely not using DMX mode.

7 hours ago, k6ccc said:

One more thing.  You mention DMX in the message subject and the first paragraph.  Get that part out of your head.  If you're controlling the CMB24D with the LOR hardware utility, you are not running in DMX mode.  Yes, the card is capable of operating in DMX mode, but your are likely not using DMX mode.

The OP mentions a stage production.

The easiest way to do this would be to use the DMX output of the lighting console.

I once ran some lights for a show from the sequence editor, just pressing play at the right point. It worked but was only for a few seconds and didn't have to be perfectly timed.

For your problem with the SE, check you have the Unit ID set correctly. The hardware utility should find it and tell you it's current ID. Use this in the SE.

If you can run from the HW utility, but not from the sequence editor:

Make sure the LOR control pannel is running (light bulb in the task tray)

Make sure that you are NOT running the HW Utility at the same time.

Thanks to all for the responses.  I had not properly added the device - such a simple fix!  For some reason this morning (wasn't happening before), the red is no longer working in sequence editor.  I checked in the hardware utility and I can control all three colors.  When I add in the sequence editor after adding the device, blue and green are fine but red isn't.  I checked the wires and all good.  Again, I also checked in hardware utility and red responds fine.  Any ideas?  I set it up the same way as I did before when all three colors responded fine in SE.

Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know where I can find a video tutorial for programming LOR RGB floods using straight up LOR. The ones I saw on youtube use DMX. I just want to see a video that shows how to select which colors turn on for the floods. I can do it with regular channels but can't figure it out with the RGB floods. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go to the top of this page and click "FAQ's - LOOK HERE".

If your browser is any good at all it will almost immediately take you to a place where there's all kinds of videos.

14 hours ago, Morales Home said:

Does anyone know where I can find a video tutorial for programming LOR RGB floods using straight up LOR. The ones I saw on youtube use DMX. I just want to see a video that shows how to select which colors turn on for the floods. I can do it with regular channels but can't figure it out with the RGB floods. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try to avoid thread necromancy in the future, just start a new thread.

Have you got it set as an RGB channel?