Light-O-Rama Forums

E682 initial setup

zvacman

Just read the assembly manual again and it doesn't mention jumpers on the J20 and J22 pins.  Could this be any part of my problem?  All of those pins are currently empty.

Z

27 minutes ago, zvacman said:

Just read the assembly manual again and it doesn't mention jumpers on the J20 and J22 pins.  Could this be any part of my problem?  All of those pins are currently empty.

Z

J22 is for "balanced output" don't worry about that, and J20 is a programming port, no jumpers go there. Have you reached out to Jim at Sandevices yet? At this point, he seems like your best bet. It's possible, you just have a defective board... it does happen.

Mike

I emailed him Friday and yesterday and haven't heard back.  I'm trying to work up the courage to force an IP address on the controller.

Mike

When we were on the phone, I had you do that with override 5, then override 1 to read it back.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Jim:

When we did that I thought the controller came back with 192.168.1.206  I just did a ipconfig and it says the Ethernet connection has an IP of 169.254.129.55. I've tried to set the Ethernet IP to the controller IP but I hit a wall with selecting the default DNS server, don't know what to put in there.

Mike

18 minutes ago, zvacman said:

Jim:

When we did that I thought the controller came back with 192.168.1.206  I just did a ipconfig and it says the Ethernet connection has an IP of 169.254.129.55. I've tried to set the Ethernet IP to the controller IP but I hit a wall with selecting the default DNS server, don't know what to put in there.

Mike

For DNS just use Google's public servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Mike

You don't want to set your computer to the same IP Address as the controller. They each need their own independent IP addresses.

15 minutes ago, zvacman said:

Now I get IPv4 address 192.168.1.206 <duplicate>. Controller still won't connect.

Mike

OK, now change the ip address on your computer to 192.168.1.207 (or anything other than 206) and you should be in business.

Mike

1 minute ago, zvacman said:

After that do I type the controller address of 192.168.1.206 into the browser?

Mike

Yup!

Mike

For right now i think you could put in the same IP address as the computer for the gateway. You're not trying to get out on the internet at this point just "talk" to the controller. I think you were going to try  192.168.1.207

TonyD:

Thank you for asking, unfortunately I haven't been able to get either of my boards to connect.  I may be coming into a hand me down laptop this weekend that will enable me to eliminate the computer as the culprit. I would really like to get past this nonsense and get back to prop construction and sequencing.

Z

Dennis:

We own 3 desktop computers that are all work computers with sensitive data on them that I can't risk compromising with Christmas light stuff.  Getting another desktop for the show doesn't work for me because I run the show from my garage and I have no place to put it.

Z

I ment you should just try to connect the E682 to the desktop to find out if the problem is with the controller or the laptop

Dennis:

I know that's what you meant, but it's not a chance I want to take with the work computers.

Z

2 hours ago, zvacman said:

TonyD:

Thank you for asking, unfortunately I haven't been able to get either of my boards to connect.  I may be coming into a hand me down laptop this weekend that will enable me to eliminate the computer as the culprit. I would really like to get past this nonsense and get back to prop construction and sequencing.

Z

Did Jim from Sandevices ever get back to you? If memory serves, it took him a few days to respond when I queried him last year.

Mike