Light-O-Rama Forums

A Blue Christmas

thedementedelf

In the 6th post in this thread is the video.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

In the 6th post in this thread is the video.

yeah - I remembered that after I posted - it sounds a lot different without the police car sirens overlaid... Guess you were quicker with reply than I was with my edit.. Haha...

Here's one from Eddie Bush. Lightzilla, myself and a few others have used his "I C Christmas" song in our shows before. "Thin Blue Line" is a really cool tribute. Here's an edited version he did for Fox. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OESmxTG0Wik

Have you come up with a song yet?

I would have thought that a fun song would be better.

People will remember it much more, IMO

Whatever song you use, remember to get the copyrights and licensing sorted. Something this big using other's music may cause problems.

• Like 1

I'm warming up to :One call away".  I thought it might be cool to add a voice clip before the song starts with something like:  "9 1 1  What is the nature of your emergency?"  If you like that Idea I can get real 911 dispatchers to record it for me (in a sound studio so it has good quality sound).  And yes, I know that would make it US centric, but that could be edited out very easily.

Edited by k6ccc

1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

I'm warming up to :One call away"....

Just my opinion, but since this is a dating song with some sirens laid over the top, not me... The younger crowd probably wouldn't notice we're trying to make a police tribute. They know it was nominated as Disney Radio "Best Crush Song". 

On 4/24/2016 at 1:15 PM, Mega Arch said:

Just my opinion, but since this is a dating song with some sirens laid over the top, not me... The younger crowd probably wouldn't notice we're trying to make a police tribute. They know it was nominated as Disney Radio "Best Crush Song". 

The reason I have chosen "One Call Away" was as in our Christmas shows we add non-Christmas to please all ages. Plus I originally saw this video posted on a Pro Law-Enforcement Facebook page. I figured it would get the point across to some and entertain others that would not get the reference. 

As a current cop, I'd just like to say how much I appreciate all of your efforts to add some blue to your display this year - more importantly, for the reasons you're doing it. I come into contact with people on a regular basis who do not like me, solely based on my chosen profession. I'm well aware there is still a lot of good in the world, and you folks are fine examples of that.  

As for Old Sarge - There's always someone who has to take a positive and turn it to a negative, but I didn't expect it to be you. Before becoming a cop, I served 4 years in the U.S. Army. I receive a thank you for my military service about 25 times to each time I am thanked for my police service, so you're complaint isn't valid. I've never been badgered for my military service, however it's difficult to work a single patrol shift without being badgered at some point. I don't expect any special respect for being a peace officer or for my military service. I just expect the same respect that we should all have for one another. I don't expect a thanks for either service either, which is why I don't typically mention them. I wasn't drafted and I also became a cop by choice.

As for a applicable song, I'm not much help but I'd ask that you stay away from Bob Marley's "I shot the Sheriff"". And yes, I've had less-desirables think it's funny to sing that in my presence - but hey, it's protected free speech :) 

I got a little sidetracked here, but I'm going to go ahead and speak for all LEOs when I say this - we are truly grateful when citizens show such gratitude. I'm glad I saved my tote of blues that I didn't use last year! 

On a side note, if anyone can find this inflatable where it isn't priced ridiculously, please let me know,

61cmhw%2BvAwL._SY355_.jpg 

Edited by zooo
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, LORAdmin said:

More content removed from this thread.

Thank you and it sure would be nice if everyone could follow the saying, "IF YOU CAN'T SAY SOMETHING NICE, DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL".

Edited by DougP
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In light of this thread, I add this extract from a Presidential proclamation today:

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim May 15, 2016, as Peace Officers Memorial Day and May 15 through May 21, 2016, as Police Week.  I call upon all Americans to observe these events with appropriate ceremonies and activities.  I also call on the Governors of the United States and its Territories, and appropriate officials of all units of government, to direct that the flag be flown at half-staff on Peace Officers Memorial Day.  I further encourage all Americans to display the flag at half-staff from their homes and businesses on that day.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this thirteenth day of May, in the year of our Lord two thousand sixteen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and fortieth.

BARACK OBAMA

I believe that my landscape lighting will be blue on Sunday...

5 hours ago, k6ccc said:

In light of this thread, I add this extract from a Presidential proclamation today:

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim May 15, 2016, as Peace Officers Memorial Day and May 15 through May 21, 2016, as Police Week.  I call upon all Americans to observe these events with appropriate ceremonies and activities.  I also call on the Governors of the United States and its Territories, and appropriate officials of all units of government, to direct that the flag be flown at half-staff on Peace Officers Memorial Day.  I further encourage all Americans to display the flag at half-staff from their homes and businesses on that day.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this thirteenth day of May, in the year of our Lord two thousand sixteen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and fortieth.

BARACK OBAMA

I believe that my landscape lighting will be blue on Sunday...

Finally I agree with Obama on something!!  Didn't think that could happen :o

• Like 1

16 hours ago, k6ccc said:

...... May 15, 2016, as Peace Officers Memorial Day and May 15 through May 21, 2016, as Police Week....... 

......I believe that my landscape lighting will be blue on Sunday...

I agree Jim...

I just changed my 50 watt floods to run BLUE ONLY, at least through May 21...

FLAG%20BLUE_zpsh20z2j40.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still going with Eddie Bush "The Thin Blue Line" for my choice, but had to share this with you guys. 

• Like 1

• The topic was locked