Light-O-Rama Forums

Configuration Question - Stars

Afilocamo

Hi All - Very new at this and still learning my way around the software. I have built a 3 row star with 100 CCPs. 50 CCPs on the outside of the frame, 30CCPs in the middle and 20 CCPs at the inner center of the star - ultimately creating a 3 star effect.

My goal is to sequence the star using Superstar, however, I can't seem to get the configuration to match my design. All I'm able to do is configure two stars side-by-side, each one with 50 pixels. I'd also preferably like to have the pixel grid lines in the software to be broken up by each star.

For example, 50 pixels, 30 pixels, 20 pixels. Instead of the standard 50-50. Not even sure if this is possible. Appreciate any and all support!

In CCR mode superstar has a limited set of layouts. To do other kinds of layouts you create it in the Visualizer and then import the visualization into superstar.

Also, realize that in the Visualizer you will see tools for CCRs but not CCPs or CCBs. The deal is that since CCRs, CCPs, and CCBs, all have 50 pixels per ribbon/string, you can treat them all as the same thing as far as the software is concerned. So in the Visualizer, use the CCR tools to draw your CCP star.

After creating the Visualization launch Superstar and click on the File menu and select "Import Visualization"

If you need help creating the Visualization let me know.

Thanks so much Brian. Just a few quick follow ups. To create the star, I used to strings of lights plugged into the same controller. I assigned the controller Unit ID #2. I was under the assumption that when I create the star in Visualizer, that I would be able to assign both fixtures (outside of the star - string1 and inside of the star - string 2) to the same unit ID. Unfortunately, when I do so, I receive an error message saying that two separate fixtures can not be assigned to the same unit IDs. So here's my question:

1. Is it possible to create 1 fixture to include all 100 pixel lights?
2. If not, does each individual string need to be it's own Unit ID?

Thanks again for all of the support!

You can split a string of lights between fixtures, but for the second fixture specify the starting pixel as the one after the first fixture. There is a place to specify the starting pixel near the lower left of the fixture properties dialog box.

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 10:45 PM, BrianBruderer said:

You can split a string of lights between fixtures, but for the second fixture specify the starting pixel as the one after the first fixture. There is a place to specify the starting pixel near the lower left of the fixture properties dialog box.

I see this - but I only have the option to start at pixels 1-50. Here's where I'm at . I've imported a picture of the 3-row star. I use CCR draw wizard to draw lights on each star. I first draw the outter star and opt to "create new prop" and set the total pixels the visualizer to create at 50 and do the same for the other two inner stars (drawing props with 30 and 20 pixels respectively.

For the first string (outter star) the properties are quite standard. Starting pixel is #1 and I set the Unit ID appropriately. For the second string (inner stars), I only have the option to to start the center star at pixel #1 and then start the inner star at pixel #31. Once these settings are all set. I get the same error saying both fixtures are using the same unit id. Frustrating!

Not sure what is happening. The idea is that each ribbon/string of 50 pixels is to have a unique unit ID and each ribbon/string of 50 pixels should have all pixels accounted for with no duplicate pixels.

If you need help send an email to brian@superstarlights.com and I will get you going.