Light-O-Rama Forums

Non-present fixture screws up sequence?

randallr

I've been playing with a half dozen LED cans... Made a cool sequence to do color fades...

I've got a good idea how I'm going to place fixtures, so I numbered ALL that I plan to use in this test sequence, grouped by color etc...

Now my sequence doesn't work... Triple checked to make sure I didn't have a duplicate... Nothing... Removed the channels for fixtures that aren't there yet and it works.

Is this the problem? If so, I see that as a problem.. I'm used to testing a show with only a few controllers plugged in...

I've been testing theories... I've got 5 ColorSplash Jr's (4 channels each) and 1 ColorSplash200b (6 channels) = 26 channels

My sequence had channels for 12 Jr's and 4 200b's = 72 channels.

I've removed a few channels at a time, and when I get down to about 32 channels, it starts working. Deleted different channels each try (to make sure it wasn't a problem with a certain address), and it always gets down to about that many before it works.. (About 8 channels that aren't there)

Why is it I feel like I'm talking to myself....

Problem Solved- A had a strobe at the end with 'active termination' dip switch, which I turned on and all is good now!!! (I think that was in the idmx1000 manual...)

randallr wrote:

Problem Solved- A had a strobe at the end with 'active termination' dip switch, which I turned on and all is good now!!! (I think that was in the idmx1000 manual...)

LOL

Soooooo... how did the sequence work? I am very interested in getting the idmx1000 this year, but I have seen only one video with DMX stuff in it. Any chance you could post a video of your lights? I've been looking at the Colorsplashes as well.

sparky741 wrote:

randallr wrote:

LOL

Soooooo... how did the sequence work? I am very interested in getting the idmx1000 this year, but I have seen only one video with DMX stuff in it. Any chance you could post a video of your lights? I've been looking at the Colorsplashes as well.

Ditto, I would like to see a video of the lights aswell.
Pete.

It's been very cold and windy past few days... Am hoping to mount some of the cool stuff this weekend and do some 'live' tests with the LED can's as well as the 2 Intimidator spots, fog machines etc.... Really want to see what works and what's a waste of time...

My first task is to mount the Intimidator's and map the co-ordinates I want to point to like the manger scene, donation box, street etc... (maybe the neighbors window that bitches already.)

I can see already that my 12 Colorsplash Jr's are wimply next to a ColorSplash 200b. They stood up well next to the 196, but the 200b is awesome.. Found some bargains and picked up 4 of them and am thinking about getting rid of the 12 Jr's and replacing them all with 200b's....

• The topic was locked