Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Editor and Inensity files

wt1924

Ok. you can run your regular LOR network and your PE file together when the sequence is played. Your LOR controllers would be ran as usual with a usb-rj485 adapter. The e1,31 off of your internet port. The easiest way to achieve this is to complete all of your sequencing in SE,save it then open that sequence in PE and do your programming for your pixels.When you complete it and save the intensity data file it will attach to the .lms file and will be seen as a .lms.pe.lid file. I ran my whole show last season with LOR running in DMX, a regular network and my e1.31 network with no problems. As for the visualizer I am attaching a video I created awhile back that explains how to bring your SE props into PE so you can see the whole show at once while programming. You will have to go towards the end of the video to see just that portion. Hope this clears it up for you.

SPaschall

13 minutes ago, SPaschall said:

Ok. you can run your regular LOR network and your PE file together when the sequence is played. Your LOR controllers would be ran as usual with a usb-rj485 adapter. The e1,31 off of your internet port. The easiest way to achieve this is to complete all of your sequencing in SE,save it then open that sequence in PE and do your programming for your pixels.When you complete it and save the intensity data file it will attach to the .lms file and will be seen as a .lms.pe.lid file. I ran my whole show last season with LOR running in DMX, a regular network and my e1.31 network with no problems. As for the visualizer I am attaching a video I created awhile back that explains how to bring your SE props into PE so you can see the whole show at once while programming. You will have to go towards the end of the video to see just that portion. Hope this clears it up for you.

SPaschall

THANK YOU, SO MUCH! That's what I needed to know.

One question though. You say sequence in SE first. So, NO, going back and forth while sequencing??? That would change the way I sequence, but I think I can live with it as long as it works. OH, another question, sorry. If the props I want to sequence have some SE sequencing in them, will that affect anything, as long as I what to the end???

15 hours ago, SPaschall said:

SPaschall

The first line is true. I am running LOR and PE elements and they all show up in the visualizer. Another element was programmed in SS, and that is completely shut off simply because it exists in PE as well. I added no effects to it in PE, but the channels are there, so it WILL NOT play the SS effects at all. I really hope as the software matures, it learns to play in the same playground a lot better. I'll probably ditch SS for now and do everything in PE, even though some SS effects I created can't be done in PE yet.

• 1 month later...

Why not export superstar as legacy in new sequence.  Then open PE and continue as normal?

I wish I could export PE as normal non intensity data. This would allow me to program more freely....adding PE elements when desired to my superstar sequences.

As for me, I have ditched PE. It is far too lacking in element control.

I would love to use the fire effect and twinkle effects....love to pick a color like purple and randomly twinkle in the yard with just purple and not all the colors that make purple....but superstar is just too easy to sequence with.

Let PE export in legacy format please.  Then maybe add a way to create a sequence into intensity file format if desired.  Otherwise PE is useless.

• 6 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 2:45 PM, sax said:

I wish I could export PE as normal non intensity data. This would allow me to program more freely....adding PE elements when desired to my superstar sequences.

As for me, I have ditched PE. It is far too lacking in element control.

I would love to use the fire effect and twinkle effects....love to pick a color like purple and randomly twinkle in the yard with just purple and not all the colors that make purple....but superstar is just too easy to sequence with.

Let PE export in legacy format please.  Then maybe add a way to create a sequence into intensity file format if desired.  Otherwise PE is useless.

Couldn't agree more. Also cant believe there was no response to this at all.

We are hard at work on the next generation of software. It is aimed at addressing the concerns expressed in this thread. However, it is not finished yet. Once it is, we will make it available as an open beta (as we have for previous major releases).

Matt