Light-O-Rama Forums

Visualizer with no simulation mode

indi

Just opened S4 software to do some more work and when I check the simulation arrow in the visualizer, Lt just brings up a blank screen. A few days ago when I shutdown my computer, everything was working fine. Nothing has changed or any updates as it is not connected to the Internet. The SE works fine. Any ideas?

Please disregard. I restarted the computer and it came on. However, is there away to resize the simulation mode window?

Go into Edit\Background properties and click the change size button.Or you can right click in the window and choose background properties.

Edited by PhilMassey

• 4 weeks later...

Mine did this today. I was programing yesterday and all good. Opened today and my Visualizer when put into play mode is just white. Nothing happens. Any ideas.

Thanks in advance

Don C.

Are you using the enhanced rendering option?  If so, uncheck that box (Options, tab 6, at the bottom) and your problem should go away.

That was checked I unchecked it. Now when I hit the play button to put into simulation mode the screen is now black instead of white but still does not play .

Visualizer Host and port numbers are correct in both SE and Viz. Been going thru LOR Help/search index and cant find anything.

3 hours ago, redsea300 said:

That was checked I unchecked it. Now when I hit the play button to put into simulation mode the screen is now black instead of white but still does not play .

If you have the background intensity at it's darkest setting the Vis should look black and empty when you begin simulation mode.  I've also found that sometimes the Visualizer WON'T begin playing a sequence when you press the "Play SE" button.  I've also found on quite a few occasions the Vis and the SE don't like playing nice with each other and BOTH need to be restarted. 

This may be a stupid question, and I apologize in advance if it is, but have you tried restarting both the SE and Visualizer?

7 minutes ago, George Simmons said:

If you have the background intensity at it's darkest setting the Vis should look black and empty when you begin simulation mode.  I've also found that sometimes the Visualizer WON'T begin playing a sequence when you press the "Play SE" button.  I've also found on quite a few occasions the Vis and the SE don't like playing nice with each other and BOTH need to be restarted. 

This may be a stupid question, and I apologize in advance if it is, but have you tried restarting both the SE and Visualizer?

Yes i have background intensity at its darkest. Yes it is black. Yes it is empty like normal. Just when I hit play either in the Viz with Play SE or on the Seq Editor play button. No Visualizer . It will start and stop with the Play SE or Stop SE in the VIS. still no visual. I have rebooted the computer and restarted both programs numerous times.

4 minutes ago, redsea300 said:

Yes i have background intensity at its darkest. Yes it is black. Yes it is empty like normal. Just when I hit play either in the Viz with Play SE or on the Seq Editor play button. No Visualizer . It will start and stop with the Play SE or Stop SE in the VIS. still no visual. I have rebooted the computer and restarted both programs numerous times.

I believe I've reached the end of my troubleshooting prowess.  If Dev Mike doesn't notice this thread when he approves my posts before unhiding them, you might want to send him a PM.

Edited by George Simmons
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, George Simmons said:

I believe I've reached the end of my troubleshooting prowess.  If Dev Mike doesn't notice this thread when he approves my posts before unhiding them, you might want to send him a PM.

Thanks for all you help. I really appreciate it.

Two other possibilities.

Try  updating your video card drivers and try re-installing the LOR software.

As always, backup your work first.

OK, dumb check.  Is the "Control Visualizer" option on the SE Play menu checked?

It was working yesterday and computer recently gone thru evertthing updated and two new hard rives. 

Yes indid did have control visualizer on,

i guess i will will back up programs and reload Lor software.

just weird working yesterday and today nothing, 

Are you playing sequences from intensity files, and if so are the appropriate networks set for enhanced mode in network preferences?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Are you playing sequences from intensity files, and if so are the appropriate networks set for enhanced mode in network preferences?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I don't understand. I am editing in SE. I have Visualizer open in second screen. I hit the Play button om Viz like always. It goes black and hides the props basically. When I hit play either on Vis or SE the file plays in SE but nothing shows on the Viz. I worked the other day. I changed nothing.

Are you running an RS 485 LOR network or E 1.31 with pixels. If pixels, the Comm Listener must be running. Check the LOR control panel is running in your system tray. That will start the comm listener, if needed.

RS 485 LOR will play without the control panel or the Comm Listener running.

• Like 1

Are you using Windows 10?  Could it be something on your PC that updated surreptitiously (firewall maybe) that changed settings somewhere and it's now blocking the Vis?

What happens if you try to play the sequence from the Visualizer instead of from the SE?

Edited by George Simmons