Light-O-Rama Forums

Has anyone made a megatree inside a megatree in Visualizer?

Klayfish

OK, so after taking quite a long break from programming, etc... I want to get back into it and make additions to my display.  I haven't done any programming since sometime in summer 2015, so I'll be a bit rusty, but that's OK.  Besides getting my RGB to work (that's a whole different topic), the only thing I want to add this year is one more 16 channel controller.  That will give me 3 controllers.  My plans for the new controller is to build a mini megatree inside of another one.  Anyone who has seen the Osborne Family lights at Disney World will know exactly what I mean.  They have a monster one in that display, it's got to be 100' tall.  Obviously, I'm going much smaller scale.  The "inside" tree will be maybe 4' tall and the outside one will be 6 or 7' tall.  Each tree will use 8 channels. 

Has anyone drawn anything like that in visualizer?  I want to make sure I do it right so that when I program for it, I get a good feel for how it's going to look.  Keep in mind I'm trying to follow the K.I.S.S. philosophy.  My display is very, very modest compared to what many of you do.  I want to keep it that way, as I just don't have the time or skills to get really fancy.  For this prop, all I'm going to do is make the sequencing for it and add it to the existing props I have, which are already sequenced.  Thinking the easiest way to build it will be PVC with hooks at 4' and 6'?

Edited by Klayfish

Just use the mega tree wizard and setup the large tree, then use the Wizard again and setup the smaller tree, scale it and drag them to where you want them, should take less then 5 min