Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence FTP

gsmith37064

I think it's a viable idea. As for the MP3 issue, I do custom edit mine and no 2 sequencers are going to edit an MP3 in the same place, so that can be quite daunting when sharing our sequences. However, I sometimes will download an MP3 via a converter from YouTube, but with that stated, I do buy the music I use in my displays. But sometimes being on a fixed monthly income, sometimes I find a new song near mid-month or close to the end of a month and don't have the small chump change to buy the song at the time, so I will download it from YouTube and start working on it, BUT, I WILL purchase the song once the funds are back in the bank after thye 3rd of the month for me to do so.

But as one other poster stated, custom MP3 edits do make it a bit more difficult for those that get/download those sequences that use them. So that is one caveat one would have to be aware of using the FTP site to access and get their sequences from.

Edited by Orville
Some reason the response posted the same comments TWICE!??

The FTP server is running and going through testing now.

Orville detected an issue with browsers prompting for a user name and password over and over and over again. Annoying little bug... But fixed now.

Other than that no other issues have come to light. :)

NOTE: Files can only be uploaded to the UPLOADS folder. This should help keep new files from being added to the old stuff till i get it sorted.

Edited by gsmith37064

Do you have an FTP address for the new server? Would be interested in testing it myself......I have some to upload too.

Sent you a PM worksopian with the information. Please test away and let me know of any issues.

It's open now...

ftp.mmc.edu

username: sequence

password: lightorama

Let me know of any issues.

still waiting for the address so I can click on it to and check it out. do you have address in like www. whatever it is dot com or org etc. I do not know what you mean by ftp address...

I do see things at times says www://fttp. etc.... But as for as typing in address like the one you sent me in e mail, I am at a loss as to how to use it.

i clicked on the one you posted and got this message

This site can’t be reached

mmcmonitor01.mmc.edu’s server DNS address could not be found.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
Edited by Old Sarge

4 hours ago, Old Sarge said:

still waiting for the address so I can click on it to and check it out. do you have address in like www. whatever it is dot com or org etc. I do not know what you mean by ftp address...

I do see things at times says www://fttp. etc.... But as for as typing in address like the one you sent me in e mail, I am at a loss as to how to use it.

i clicked on the one you posted and got this message

mmcmonitor01.mmc.edu’s server DNS address could not be found.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Sarge 

just Type in ftp.mmc.edu instead of www  Then you will be prompted for username and password

username: sequence

password: lightorama

Just tried the link and it worked for a second then i get this:

ftp.mmc.edu took too long to respond.

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Am I doing something wrong or is the site down?

Yes, i did.  I was in it for a minute and then i clicked on another folder i got the error message

I'm still getting error message and it won't even get me to the login screen anymore.  I'm using Chrome.  What are you using?

Strange, still getting error message and i tried it on a tablet and i got the same message.  i'll keep trying and try again tomorrow.

It's still up and running without issue. I doubt we have to worry about a heavy load as It should handle 3000+ users with no problem.

I have tested it using Internet Explorer, Firefox, IPhone 6, Surface Pro, and Filezilla FTP client.

I would recommend using the FTP client (https://filezilla-project.org/download.php)