Light-O-Rama Forums

Unable to Import Visualizer Props into Pixel Editor

Ed K

I just opened Pixel Editor to learn how to use the application.  I don't know where to download PE v4.3 (if it's available), so I have PE v4.2.  I have the Pro version of LOR software.

Because I have PE v4.2, I first created and named a new PE preview, then I created a sequence file in Sequence Editor, and then I opened that sequence in Pixel Editor.

In PE, under Sequence Tool, I selected Preview Design, clicked on Prop, then selected "Import from Visualizer" from the pull-down menu.  PE opens the folder at C:/[myname]/Light-O-Rama/Visualization.  I then double-clicked on the Props folder that is inside the Visualization folder.  The Props folder is blank, but I don't know why.  Because that folder is blank, I can't import props that I created in Visualizer.

In Visualizer, I have exported props to, and imported props from, that same folder (i.e., the folder C:/[myname]/Light-O-Rama/Visualization/Props).

As I like to admit, I must be missing the obvious.

PE supports importing the full Visualizer file (.lee) but not individual prop or fixture export files.

Matt

17 hours ago, Ed K said:

I just opened Pixel Editor to learn how to use the application.  I don't know where to download PE v4.3 (if it's available), so I have PE v4.2.  I have the Pro version of LOR software.

Because I have PE v4.2, I first created and named a new PE preview, then I created a sequence file in Sequence Editor, and then I opened that sequence in Pixel Editor.

In PE, under Sequence Tool, I selected Preview Design, clicked on Prop, then selected "Import from Visualizer" from the pull-down menu.  PE opens the folder at C:/[myname]/Light-O-Rama/Visualization.  I then double-clicked on the Props folder that is inside the Visualization folder.  The Props folder is blank, but I don't know why.  Because that folder is blank, I can't import props that I created in Visualizer.

In Visualizer, I have exported props to, and imported props from, that same folder (i.e., the folder C:/[myname]/Light-O-Rama/Visualization/Props).

As I like to admit, I must be missing the obvious.

This is a short video I made a few weeks back that should help you.Go to the last 4-5 min. of the video 

SPaschall

On 3/16/2016 at 9:04 PM, MattBrown said:

PE supports importing the full Visualizer file (.lee) but not individual prop or fixture export files.

Thanks, that's good to know. Later this afternoon, I'll import my visualizer file to get a handle on how PE utilizes fixtures/props I've already created in Visualizer.

17 hours ago, SPaschall said:

This is a short video I made a few weeks back that should help you.Go to the last 4-5 min. of the video 

I will look at this video this afternoon, thanks for providing it.  

• Like 1

On 3/16/2016 at 1:57 PM, SPaschall said:

Thanks, the two videos on arches are really easy to follow for this newbie.  It answered a few other questions I had.

I'm using Visualizer, not SE's visulalizer.  But, with the tip from Matt, it was a breeze to import my entire Visualizer file into PE.  

I need to spend more time using my fixtures/props inside PE.

• Like 1