Light-O-Rama Forums

2015 Contest videos are on YouTube.

Plumber Plays with Lights

I didn't enter, but I am glad to see I am not the only one with video recording quality issues of the lights.. It seems none of these have real professional video quality.   Makes it feel more like a hobby then a paid gig.  .. and that makes me feel a lot better about my recordings.. ha ha...

Good luck to those that are in the running..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, plasmadrive said:

I didn't enter, but I am glad to see I am not the only one with video recording quality issues of the lights.. It seems none of these have real professional video quality.   Makes it feel more like a hobby then a paid gig.  .. and that makes me feel a lot better about my recordings.. ha ha...

Good luck to those that are in the running..

Ha Ha Ha, All monies spent on hardware nothing left for video, lol:D:rolleyes:

wonder when the winners will be announced?

my neighbor videoed mine, he wanted to show the vandals that the show stills go's on. lol

now myself and my two neighbors have cameras that watch the whole corner. better late then never as they say.

Loss)  1 mega tree, 8 mini trees, 16 rgb 5M dumb strips, 2 cmb24d boards, 1 16 channel controller, 16 led mini light strings, and numerous light strings that were ripped apart.

fixed damaged light strings ( well most of them ), Had a back-up 16 channel controller,  made cheap 7ft tree to replace mega, put 2 banners up with flood lights to replace 8 mini trees, restrung the house, tweaked sequences to match new set up and well, lets say lesson learned. Expect it when you lease expect it. buy some cameras, never know they might pay for themselves someday. 

Mr Grunts - That is terrible! Why some people continue to get enjoyment out of ruining everyone else's hard work and fun is beyond me. Glad you were able to make the most of it and still put on the show.

• Like 2

The kids loved it and thats all that mattered, actually to be honest i was pretty discussed when i came home and saw what they did, but the next day when i started to go through the yard it was my neighbors and a few of the other kids around here

came over and started to clean up and was giving me ideas of how i could reset my show up. This made a big difference on my attitude, I was ready to give up but when i saw how the kids ( mainly) and how much fun they were having helping me redo everything reminded me of why i do this and how much my father loved to do this every year. I always had it that this was all for my dad, picking up where he left off when he passed but now i know the real reason. Its the kids and the true meaning of JOY.  I named my show after my dad ( Mack Smith ) hence MackLights, but now i might have to rename it, lol Nah. Its still my dads show but definitely for the kids.

• Like 2

I entered in the 240v category. I am surprised I didn't make it, considering how few 240v people there are on these forums.

Make sure you "load more" at the bottom. Lots more that didn't show. Kind of erks me. Youtube muted my audio with a dispute. I challenged it and the mute got removed. Unfortunately the video (514 I think?) that Light O Rama got was muted. Not Light O Rama's fault. Just Youtube's "bots" getting it. Just be aware if you do stuff that you think might get jerked, to include the typical "I don't own the copyrights to this" , etc.

Mine in the "unmuted" form is here;

Great Job Robert... Mind sharing your sequence of Mary Did You Know.  Here is my email address. Big.trafficman@gmail.com

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

Thanks a bunch for the compliment. I am actually going to be "supporting my habit" soon by selling just a few of my sequences. I've actually shared A TON of sequences over the years though. That's one though that I am keeping for the future ;-) 

On 3/16/2016 at 5:37 PM, EmmienLightFan said:

I entered in the 240v category. I am surprised I didn't make it, considering how few 240v people there are on these forums.

Just found my video! It has not yet been added to the playlist.

I'm so pleased!

• Like 2

On 3/18/2016 at 11:14 AM, EmmienLightFan said:

Just found my video! It has not yet been added to the playlist.

I'm so pleased!

Dude I chuckle every time I see your crooked pixel strips on the windows.  Better luck next year!

• Like 1

SWEET! I just found mine #176 I'm just syced that I even got acknowledged!

52 minutes ago, kingfish said:

Ha! Hot Chocolate! Nice.

So whats up with some of these vids? #114 is a GE Mr. Christmas lights and sound. How does that get into a LOR contest???? 

And others have more than one entry and got posted one after the other, whats up with that?

13 hours ago, Need more lights said:

So whats up with some of these vids? #114 is a GE Mr. Christmas lights and sound. How does that get into a LOR contest???? 

Wow! I thought you were doing a sucker play to get more views on your entry. So I bit and finally found this one.

Holy mackerel. You are correct. Scott even admitted it in his write-up. And he says 4 channels and acting up. Must have blown a few channels.

I started with a Mr. Christmas a long, long time ago myself. So not knocking him for that. Just agreeing- how's this in the LOR contest?