Light-O-Rama Forums

Copy and paste in S4

gmac

I'm trying to set up the channel parameters for 5 50W LOR Floods in 4.2.6 and I was wondering if there might be a way to do  a copy from one sequenced song and paste into the next song I've created a group and can't seem to find a way to paste it into the next song sequence I have over 40 songs and starting from scratch it'll take me till next Christmas at this rate :-(

hope I can explain this right ...........these are 5 rgb ( really 15) channels for 5 lor floods I created a group combining all 5 floods

I can't seem to find how to copy to a clipboard and yes I have 2sequences open

I don't recall being able to save channels to the clipboard, nor move them between sequences. Events that go in the channels, yes. Actual channels .. no.

Any reason you don't just export channel config and import channel config?

If you are saying export the channel config from what I changed into a sequence that hasn't been changed yet?

Would that put the existing sequence of events in the wrong channels since I moved some channels into other places ? If it won't that would be great

Because When I created the RGB flood channels I put them at the bottom and deleted the regular controller channels that were controlling the old 

spotlights

I had a feeling you were going to say that,,,,,,,,,,Guess  it was just wishful thinking that there might some other avenue to go down

Looks like I created a real monster here and I will be rearranging channels till next Christmas

O well I better get to work

Thanks for the reply Don

You said you had 40 songs. Are the channels in the same order in all 40?

If so, export that channel config and save it. Open a new sequence and import the "just saved" channel config. Now create your 5 flood channels and put them at the bottom. Save and export that config. Now, open up one of your old sequences, import the new config. All effects will be the same as the old sequence and your 5 flood channels will be at the end and empty just waiting on effects.

The main thing is, make sure the channels are in the exact, same order, in the 40 sequences.  Otherwise, you'll be changing channels til Christmas, like you said.

You'll still have to go to all 40 songs and re-import the new, saved channel config, but it's faster than creating those 5 flood channels for 40 songs. 

Edited by Ron Boyd

6 hours ago, Ron Boyd said:

You said you had 40 songs. Are the channels in the same order in all 40?

If so, export that channel config and save it. Open a new sequence and import the "just saved" channel config. Now create your 5 flood channels and put them at the bottom. Save and export that config. Now, open up one of your old sequences, import the new config. All effects will be the same as the old sequence and your 5 flood channels will be at the end and empty just waiting on effects.

The main thing is, make sure the channels are in the exact, same order, in the 40 sequences.  Otherwise, you'll be changing channels til Christmas, like you said.

You'll still have to go to all 40 songs and re-import the new, saved channel config, but it's faster than creating those 5 flood channels for 40 songs. 

Yep.......Live and learn.........THAT'S, what I DID NOT DO.......The worse part is ,  I should know better I thought I would do a copy Paste with the channel settings.  So I worked till midnight on sat and 9 hrs yesterday doing copy & paste 223 channels of the sequencing into the new config file.

Well gotta go I still have 34 more to do :-(

Thanks for the Reply

2 hours ago, gmac said:

Yep.......Live and learn.........THAT'S, what I DID NOT DO.......The worse part is ,  I should know better I thought I would do a copy Paste with the channel settings.  So I worked till midnight on sat and 9 hrs yesterday doing copy & paste 223 channels of the sequencing into the new config file.

Well gotta go I still have 34 more to do :-(

Thanks for the Reply

Oh man. Sorry about being the bearer of bad news. I learned that the hard way too in my first year. I had 4 or 5 different channel configs. Trust me, this will most likely be the last time that happens. "Live and Learn" as you said. Good luck.

On 2/27/2016 at 4:45 PM, gmac said:

I'm trying to set up the channel parameters for 5 50W LOR Floods in 4.2.6 and I was wondering if there might be a way to do  a copy from one sequenced song and paste into the next song I've created a group and can't seem to find a way to paste it into the next song sequence I have over 40 songs and starting from scratch it'll take me till next Christmas at this rate :-(

If you added these to the bottom of your channel config then save them,export the channel config, save then import it into the existing sequence.If they are at the bottom it shouldn't affect the existing programming or channel config.

SPaschall