Light-O-Rama Forums

Most annoying thing to program?

DisneyMatt10

funny you said that... I did see them last December out here in San Barnardino in concert.. and there are a lot of difference in their live shows then watching lights to the same music over and over..  same music.... different show... same music.... different effects...

22 hours ago, Old Sarge said:

... same music over and over..  same music.... different show... same music.... different effects...

Which is exactly why so many of the songs I use are ones that aren't commonly heard in other displays.

• 3 months later...

Old Sarge, you noticed that he said that he is dusting it off. George I assume you have not used it in your show for the past year or more?

• 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, BryanZ said:

Most anything thing to program? Any song that you think will drive you insane.

For song choice, I promise you, I will never sequence a song that drives me insane. Never have, never will. 

While listening to the music over and over, it's more of a challenge to get to the end than to be annoying. That's because I only choose songs I WANT to hear over and over again.

Now for sequencing, the annoying part is keeping up with updates and getting in the habit of using those updates. But it's all still good and fun.

Sequencing since 2005, I've seen a couple updates. :)

Edited by Santas Helper

My cat's meowing, and the one dog's barking.

Edited by lightzilla

12 minutes ago, lightzilla said:

My cat's meowing, and the one dog's barking.

Would you mind sharing that sequence? 

I have a neighbor to annoy. :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Santas Helper said:

Would you mind sharing that sequence? 

I have a neighbor to annoy. :)

Maybe sequence who let the dogs out that song may annoy everyone

5 minutes ago, Santas Helper said:

I won't sequence it. Let's give it to Mikey. He'll sequence anything. 

I am out of likes too.

6 hours ago, George Simmons said:

Barking dogs?  Meowing pussies?  How about both?

That is what makes your display special.....you go outside the box & don't follow the norm.  I too do not follow the norm ( same songs as others over & over )  even though I have some same songs in my display.

On 8/9/2016 at 7:29 PM, Old Sarge said:

My wife heard that and I had to get up and Dance with her.. Now she wants in this year..:wacko:

She made you dance to the Chipmunks?  You may be the Sarge, but it sounds like she's a retired Colonel.  :D

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished sequencing Wizards In Winter.

Dear god, if I never hear that song again I will die a happy person. I have been working on it non-stop since 10am, it is now 10pm. . . 12 hours of TSO is a bit much. :wacko:

I'll gladly add that song to my list of "Most Annoying Things To Program."
~Matt

23 hours ago, DisneyMatt10 said:

Just finished sequencing Wizards In Winter.

Dear god, if I never hear that song again I will die a happy person. I have been working on it non-stop since 10am, it is now 10pm. . . 12 hours of TSO is a bit much. :wacko:

I'll gladly add that song to my list of "Most Annoying Things To Program."
~Matt

LOL, only TWELVE hours to completion?    Should have seen my first year of that song, I thought it looked great, but now going back, it was HORRIBLE.  And it took me MUCH longer than it did you to complete that catastrophic disaster, I do believe it took me about 35 hours to do that song my first year, and believe me it was really bad too.      Don't believe how bad it was, just ask George Simmons here, he can vouch my first year of sequencing was worse than atrocious, there just isn't a name for it.   But it was really, really horribly bad!   Right George?  ROFLMAO

I've improved a lot from my first attempts starting with Halloween in 2010, but I'm still nowhere near what some of these folks here can do. And I know I'll never get there or be as good as they are.   I can only wish for that.

Edited by Orville

^ I've sequenced all of my songs in order of how they will play in the show, and I can for sure say some of the early songs/first songs are not very good. But I'm getting better each day!! I learn something new, or try something new, and thankfully by the time I got to TSO I had enough figured out to make it look (what I'd consider to be) really good!!! Granted, it's no where near as good as some people's!! But it's good enough for me!! At least for this year. ;)

~Matt

• Like 2