Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR to LOR system

thechristmastroy

My question is I have been using LOR controllers for over 6 years. This year I am going to add CCR Mega tree and CCR Leaping Arches.  I was wondering if I purchased a CCR sequence do I just cut and paste it to my current sequence will it work? Or do I have to change something?

you will need to add the appropriate channels to the end of your existing channel configuration and export as a new configuration.  Then simply copy and paste from the purchased CCR sequence to the appropriate lines.   Be sure and use the paste by time setting (and of course make sure the sound file used for the new and old sequence are the same).

Then open any other of the older files you have and  want to add CCR to and import the newly created configuration file so the new CCR lines will show up for sequencing. Of course you will need to setup the controller info etc.  

Depending on where and who you are getting the CCR files from you want to check to see if they original file has the macro channels or not..

A question when I run two separate control boxes for CCR such as a mega tree and arches how do I connect the two separate controllers. With LOR boxes I daisy chained them. How do I do it with the CCR controllers?

53 minutes ago, thechristmastroy said:

A question when I run two separate control boxes for CCR such as a mega tree and arches how do I connect the two separate controllers. With LOR boxes I daisy chained them. How do I do it with the CCR controllers?

You daisy chain CCR controllers just like CTB16PCs.

22 minutes ago, EmmienLightFan said:

You daisy chain CCR controllers just like CTB16PCs.

But how were do you daisy chain them is there a second cat  port to go from one controller to another?

Well if you bought them from holiday Coro there not ccr's  ccr is a brand name of light o Rama  so you have strips or pixels that run on a E1-31 controller  each strip will be wired directly to the controller if you have another  E1-31 controller you will need a network switch  so if you buy sequences buy them for E1-31 not ccr's 

What controller are you using? When you said CCR I just assumed you were using LOR stuff.......Didn't mean to lead you astray 

Cosmic Colour Ribbons Cosmic Colour Ribbons Cosmic Colour Ribbons are LOR products.

The ones from HolidayCoro are pixel strips with an E1.31 controller.

I have a problem. Is there a good video out that shows you how to set up your network with E1.31 controllers. I tried inputing the correct numbers in my computer such as IP adress, But every time I still do not get the lights to come on. But when I use the test function on the controller they all come on Ugh,,,,

OK I have Alphapix  e1.31 controllers Ethernet connected to my Laptop .

The controller has power

When I power up the system I did the following steps 1. I type in Network  Step 2. I click on View Network connections Step 3. I click on Ethernet Step 4. Under Network Status I click on Properties Step 5.I click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4

Step 6.I click on Properties  Step 7. I make sure the I have the Use the following IP address is chosen Step 8. I type the following  on the IP address 192.168.1.3 and I have nothing marked for the the subnet mask  Step 9.I click OK  Step10. I than close the window under E1.31 Network  Step 11. I run a ping test on 192.168.0.1 and it is successful. Step12. I bring up the web browser interface I type in 192.168.0.50  Step13,I access Xlights and click on Network setup. Step 14 I have the network type as 131 Port is 192.168.0.49 this listed 3 times.

Step15 When I click on Schedule & Test and than click on the icon that lets me pick which which light to turn on. I get no results no lights come on. However if I press the button on the controller all the lights come on.

Well that about it I must be missing a step somewhere. I do not have a DMX dongle  if that matters,

Thank You

I'm by far not an expert on all this but from what you wrote a few thing don't seem to be right .........all your ip addresses should be the same did you change the controller to match the ip address your using in the computer? Your sub net mask usually is 255.255.255

did you set the controller to unicast?

you do not need a donigal with E1.31

I don't use xlights I use LOR software but you said   Port is 192.168.0.49 this listed 3 times   normally the port id isn't the IP address

usually it's something like 8080

That's about all I see that could be wrong

• The topic was locked