Light-O-Rama Forums

Using LOR controllers in the UK

JohnF

Australia seem to have a bit more choice.... The link Ozaz shared http://www.christmascreations.net.au/colour-mix.html was for the M5 style lights in 24v DC, not been able to find any of these style anywhere in UK. pretty much all of the LEDs here are the same as the ones I have like this http://www.lights4fun.co.uk/i/q/DNR-38/38-bulb-connectable-string-light-4m-extension-cable.

My original thought was Dumb RGB but Holiday Coro state that these will not fit in this design of tree, they do an alternate design suitable for RGBs but the spacing is much wider and the overall effect in my opinion is not as nice as for their ones designed for the smaller bulbs.

So, I know I have brought this situation on myself but hopefully will get the end result I am looking for [emoji4]

What about the LED lights which look like incandescents? I have seen them.

Festive Lights sells them.

Wow, they look really cool, thanks!

I will drop them an email and see if they can give me the measurements and if it is possible to supply them in green.

cheers!!

There is a vendor in China called Paul Zhang, who sells P10 panels, RGB dumb & smart and controllers, who can make waterproof strings of LEDs in many colours, voltages and lengths.

A couple of UK people have used his lights.

They can be controlled by the CMB16QC or CMB24D.

I know he can do 5 and 12v.

If you want you could ask him if he can do something. He has Facebook.

18 minutes ago, robongar said:

Well, that's different 

Yeah.

Our lights look completely different to yours, except for old incandescents. Mains voltage incans are only found indoors now, and low voltages ones are rare.

The Christmas before I saw some lights that looked like LEDs, but then I found that they were tiny, tiny incandescents.

Here is an ordinary string from here.

xD94zm2VKFoT8QErKyY2iIbWySi9DySQKqiUtxKq

Those are the most popular now, and there are also some with slightly bigger LEDs.

Commercial places normally use lights like this

D18-LE08-M~Multicoloured-LED-Christmas-L

1 hour ago, robongar said:

there is no picture. 

They are white lights on a white string on a white house with white extention cords in a snow storm...I see them very clearly...