Light-O-Rama Forums

New 12 and 16 Ribbon Sequences Available

Holidaysequences

On 2/21/2016 at 1:15 AM, jerry72 said:

I like that you did a video for importing the SUP file into Xlights, however, have they made it so it would import the text effects now as well? As of last August xlights would not import the text.

Yes.   xLights now imports text effects (more or less).   The fonts are a bit different and xLights doesn't support each letter being a different color (yet), but the text effects are there.

52 minutes ago, dkulp said:

Yes.   xLights now imports text effects (more or less).   The fonts are a bit different and xLights doesn't support each letter being a different color (yet), but the text effects are there.

I just recently seen that, i up graded to the newest version but have not messed with it yet.

On 2/21/2016 at 10:15 AM, jerry72 said:

I believe that you would use the 1.31, that package has the Alphapix with it. But truth be told, if ya accidentally buy a CCR, you will be fine. I bought ta couple CCR sequences last year because they were not available in 1.31, no problem converting them to pixels. 

Edit: I should not say no problem, does take a bit of work, but it can be done.

I will buy one of each and see how it goes. :)

Gsmith... DMX/pixel  It's not light-o-rama.... The difference between those sequences is the LOR has the macro channels which we don't sequence anyways.

But this tree works with LOR as well as the sequences. So i am now confused by your comment???

I know i have a big learning curve ahead of me with this tree... sure would be nice if it would hurry and get here. I think it would be easier to see what is up if i could play with it.

Edited by gsmith37064
2 hours ago, gsmith37064 said:

But this tree works with LOR as well as the sequences. So i am now confused by your comment???

I know i have a big learning curve ahead of me with this tree... sure would be nice if it would hurry and get here. I think it would be easier to see what is up if i could play with it.

You can use CCR sequences with DMX Pixels and vice versa. If you get the CCR sequence, there are 7 Macro channels at the end of each 50 pixel String. Those will either need to be deleted, moved or skipped. Otherwise all of the sequences work the same way. If you buy the CCR and you have a visualization of a DMX tree, import your visualization into these sequences and SS will not export the Macro channels.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to confuse you.

The controller from Holiday Coro is a E1:31 pixel controller. It is plugged into your ethernet port. It is not a light o rama controller which has macro channels and such.

Yes.. It will work in your light o rama show. Your other controllers  will be connected through your usb ports and the 485 dongle from LOR.

What you want to order is the pixel sequences. Yes again you can buy non pixel based sequences and just copy and paste everything except for the macro channels. Doesn't take much time to do that.

The Pixel tree will be setup on your sequence editor "Master Sequence Template". 

Steep learning curve and lots of great ppl to help you out.

Chris

thanks Ron..didn't see your reply :)

Thanks Chris... Lots of help here thank goodness.

I have been looking at the LOR site and several others that show how its connected. I think i have that down pat as it seems straight forward. I am a network/sys admin guy by trade so networking i understand. It's getting the sequences added into LOR and joined with my standard sequences. I think it will be a little easier to understand once the tree arrives. I have been reading and watching so many videos on it. I think i need a break :)

I am going to order the Pro copy of S4 which comes with the pixel editor. Praying S5 comes out before hand.

Do i need the showtime software as well? This is the one thing i can't figure out right now.

Edited by gsmith37064
  • 2 weeks later...

Angel  Most of the new  13 sting songs are about 1 min long in the video,  are these the full song (kind of short for $35.00 ea)?

On 2/20/2016 at 11:15 PM, jerry72 said:
19 minutes ago, jerrymac said:

Angel  Most of the new  13 sting songs are about 1 min long in the video,  are these the full song (kind of short for $35.00 ea)?

Well Jerry72 can not take off your quote for some reason But anyways Jerrymac as far as the songs yes they are just 1:00 to 1:30 for the Metal Patriots

On February 29, 2016 at 5:12 PM, gsmith37064 said:

When the sequence is converted to CCR they would have Macro Channels included, If the person creating the sequence did not program the macro stations then the sequence will be just like a E1.31 the only difference is the macro channels are blank on the CCR and the E1.31 does not included or use the Macro channels   The sequence will look and play the same.