Light-O-Rama Forums

SE to PE??

DisneyMatt10

Hey everyone,

As many of you know I am new to this entire light show thing. I have managed to FINALLY settle on channel arrangements and such. But that's for an entirely different topic.

My question here is more of a hardware question. . .  I think. 

So half of my lights are inelegant RGB Strips that I am programming in the PE. The other half of my lights are regular LED lights that I am programming in the SE. My question to you all is:

Is it possible for me to some how display the standard LED lights in the PE visualizer? Some way where I can see both of what I have programmed in the SE, and what I have programmed in the PE at the same time?

(I hope this makes some sort of sense so someone can figure out what I am asking for!) 

Thanks,

~Matt

(Also, I apologize if this has already been discussed on here.) :( 

Edited by DisneyMatt10

Matt... do you have an advanced licence or Pro? if you don't have Pro you are only in a demo of PE...This got me too. 

Yes you can load your sequence In the pixel editor then upload your visualizer file into pixel editor and can watch both. Seeing that you have new equipment you can program even the AC Channels in pixel editor if you want 

On 2/10/2016 at 9:38 PM, 1983ss454 said:

Yes you can load your sequence In the pixel editor then upload your visualizer file into pixel editor and can watch both. Seeing that you have new equipment you can program even the AC Channels in pixel editor if you want 

How do you go about uploading the sequence into the pixel editor? I can not for the life of me figure it out. :( 

Edited by DisneyMatt10

1 hour ago, DisneyMatt10 said:

How do you go about uploading the sequence into the pixel editor? I can not for the life of me figure it out. :( 

Click file in the pixel editor and then load what sequence you want by clicking open

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to bring back this topic, but I am still having issues.

I can not for the life of me figure out how to import the work I have done in the SE over to the PE. What I am trying to do (and I know it can be done) is I am sequencing all of my regular LED Christmas lights in the SE, and program all of my "smart" RGB strips in the PE. Then some how import the sequencing I have done in the SE with the regular into the "previewer" of the PE, so I can see both the regular lights, and the RGB lights are doing at the same time.

I hope that made some sort of sense. I just really can not figure this out, and it's starting to... correction it has been frustrating me, because right now I can only see the SE stuff in the Visualizer, and the PE stuff in the previewer, but I can not view both in the PE. :angry::angry:

If anyone can shed some light on how to import these over that would be great. (Sorry for being so needy, I just really have no idea how to do what I am trying to do.)

Also, even though I am doing all of my SMART RGB programming in the PE, do I still need to create channels for them in the SE??

Any help you all can provide me would be great! I've tried searching for tutorials, but I cant find any. I've also watched the PE videos on the LOR website about 50 times, and I still cant figure it out.

~Matt

2 hours ago, DisneyMatt10 said:

I hate to bring back this topic, but I am still having issues.

I can not for the life of me figure out how to import the work I have done in the SE over to the PE. What I am trying to do (and I know it can be done) is I am sequencing all of my regular LED Christmas lights in the SE, and program all of my "smart" RGB strips in the PE. Then some how import the sequencing I have done in the SE with the regular into the "previewer" of the PE, so I can see both the regular lights, and the RGB lights are doing at the same time.

I hope that made some sort of sense. I just really can not figure this out, and it's starting to... correction it has been frustrating me, because right now I can only see the SE stuff in the Visualizer, and the PE stuff in the previewer, but I can not view both in the PE. :angry::angry:

If anyone can shed some light on how to import these over that would be great. (Sorry for being so needy, I just really have no idea how to do what I am trying to do.)

Also, even though I am doing all of my SMART RGB programming in the PE, do I still need to create channels for them in the SE??

Any help you all can provide me would be great! I've tried searching for tutorials, but I cant find any. I've also watched the PE videos on the LOR website about 50 times, and I still cant figure it out.

~Matt

When you set up your preview in the pixel editor there is a drop down menu when you make each prop. The drop down menu is set to pixel editor as the default. You need to define whether the pixel editor (default setting) or the sequence editor will be used to sequence those props. When you build your props choose either pixel editor or sequence editor. Obviously for each prop you have already sequenced in the sequence editor needs to be set to sequence editor. I missed this too but its an easy fix to your problem. Go into your preview and click on the prop. It will say sequence method at the top of page near the middle. That is where you choose the pixel editor or sequence editor. Good luck.

Also you will not need to define your new rgb channels in the sequence editor. When you build your preview in pixel editor the program takes that info and attaches it to your main sequence once you save it as an intensity file. Remember you need to add all of your props that you have already sequenced in the sequence editor to the pixel editor preview. Just define the sequence editor props on the drop down menu in the props definition. 

OMG! It is a miracle!! I figured it out!! Not sure how!! But I did!! 

Also, thank you ebrown1972 for the advice! I followed what you told me and some how it worked! :) Thanks!
~Matt

31 minutes ago, DisneyMatt10 said:

OMG! It is a miracle!! I figured it out!! Not sure how!! But I did!! 

Also, thank you ebrown1972 for the advice! I followed what you told me and some how it worked! :) Thanks!
~Matt

I had to ask the same question that you did a while back. We are all here to help one another. I am glad I could help out.

Eric