Light-O-Rama Forums

Printing Channel Config - Export Option?

jimswinder

On 2/22/2016 at 0:30 PM, PhilMassey said:

Jagged lines drive me nuts. On behalf of my OCD, Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I have started a new topic on for SharpIn  to straighten jaggy lines in the visualiser. 

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/39990-changing-the-perspective-of-your-pixel-tree/&do=findComment&comment=367878

I normally just print it as a PDF file, then I can select which pages to print. Basically cutting out all the DMX rgb channels.

37 minutes ago, jstorms said:

You can also just open the LCC file directly in Excel. When it asks pick "XML Table".

Ding, Ding, Ding!

That works great.  Never though of that even though I manually edit the xml files regularly...

2 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Ding, Ding, Ding!

That works great.  Never though of that even though I manually edit the xml files regularly...

Yes, that works, but I would certainly not say it is great. Now, if it put it into workable columns, like "Channel Name" , "Device Type", "Unit", "Circuit", and "Network"..then it would be GREAT"!!

nope...everything is in one column...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>    
<channelConfig channelConfigFileVersion="14">    
  <channels>  
    <channel name="Railing Minis" color="255" deviceType="LOR" unit="6" circuit="1" savedIndex="0"/>
    <channel name="Railing 1" color="255" deviceType="LOR" unit="4" circuit="1" savedIndex="1"/>
    <channel name="Railing 2 " color="255" deviceType="LOR" unit="4" circuit="5" savedIndex="2"/>
    <channel name="Railing 3 " color="255" deviceType="LOR" unit="4" circuit="9" savedIndex="3"/>
    <channel name="Railing 4 " color="255" deviceType="LOR" unit="4" circuit="13" savedIndex="4"/>
    <channel name="Railing 5 " color="255" deviceType="LOR" unit="5" circuit="1" savedIndex="5"/>
    <channel name="Railing  6 " color="255" deviceType="LOR" unit="5" circuit="5" savedIndex="6"/>
    <channel name="Railing  7 " color="255" deviceType="LOR" unit="5" circuit="9" savedIndex="7"/>
    <channel name="Railing  8 " color="255" deviceType="LOR" unit="5" circuit="13" savedIndex="8"/>
    <channel name="Deck Minis " color="255" deviceType="LOR" unit="7" circuit="13" savedIndex="9"/>
    <channel name="Deck 1 " color="255" deviceType="LOR" unit="7" circuit="1" savedIndex="10"/>
    <channel name="Deck 2 " color="255" deviceType="LOR" unit="7" circuit="5" savedIndex="11"/>
    <channel name="Deck 3 " color="255" deviceType="LOR" unit="7" circuit="9" savedIndex="12"/>
    <channel name="Eaves Minis" color="255" deviceType="LOR" unit="9" circuit="9" savedIndex="13"/>
    <channel name="Eaves 1" color="255" deviceType="LOR" unit="8" circuit="1" savedIndex="14"/>
    <channel name="Eaves 2" color="255" deviceType="LOR" unit="8" circuit="5" savedIndex="15"/>
    <channel name="Eaves 3" color="255" deviceType="LOR" unit="8" circuit="9" savedIndex="16"/>
    <channel name="Eaves 4" color="255" deviceType="LOR" unit="8" circuit="13" savedIndex="17"/>
    <channel name="Eaves 5" color="255" deviceType="LOR" unit="9" circuit="1" savedIndex="18"/>
    <channel name="Eaves 6" color="255" deviceType="LOR" unit="9" circuit="5" savedIndex="19"/>
    <channelGroupList name="Icicle Red" savedIndex="20">

Edited by jimswinder

3 hours ago, jstorms said:

You can also just open the LCC file directly in Excel. When it asks pick "XML Table".

Running Windows 7...doesn't ask about any options, just opens it up in Excel...

Edited by jimswinder

Jim, What version Excel you running. I found on Excel 2008 I had the same problem. The 2013 Excel will give you the option to create a table. Unless I am missing something in 2008 i didn't know about. Once I upgraded I had no issues creating the xml table. 

2 minutes ago, bwhitehead said:

Jim, What version Excel you running. I found on Excel 2008 I had the same problem. The 2013 Excel will give you the option to create a table. Unless I am missing something in 2008 i didn't know about. Once I upgraded I had no issues creating the xml table. 

I'm old school...Excel 2000!!  LOL  Don't like the new WORD and EXCEL layouts..lol

Edited by jimswinder

Well, there you go - running a 16 year old version of the software... Now you have a reason to upgrade :)

BTW, I don't like the newer versions layout either, but there are new features...

3 minutes ago, jimswinder said:

I'm old school...Excel 2000!!  LOL  Don't like the new WORD and EXCEL layouts..lol

I'd give serious thought to upgrading. 

I know you don't like the layouts ... but I would still give it serious thought.

6 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Well, there you go - running a 16 year old version of the software... Now you have a reason to upgrade :)

BTW, I don't like the newer versions layout either, but there are new features...

Does it come with Windows 10?  Don't want to buy anything new when my version works fine for me!!!  LOL

1 minute ago, jimswinder said:

Does it come with Windows 10?  Don't want to buy anything new when my version works fine for me!!!  LOL

No. Does not come with Windows 10.

For what it's worth, the original version of the LOR Software worked fine for me. 1.5.9 or something like that. By your logic, I shouldn't have upgraded because it 'worked fine for me.'

Come on into the modern day. It's okay to do so. 

2 minutes ago, Don said:

No. Does not come with Windows 10.

For what it's worth, the original version of the LOR Software worked fine for me. 1.5.9 or something like that. By your logic, I shouldn't have upgraded because it 'worked fine for me.'

I agree...you shouldn't have...:P

Just now, jimswinder said:

I agree...you shouldn't have...:P

Well, good luck with your 16 year old software....

For whatever it's worth, I have tried this with Excel 2010 (I think, at work) and 2016 at home, and they both work great.  I tried to gt Open Office to open it in the spreadsheet application and it kept trying to open it in the word processor.  If that had worked, it would give you a free way to do this.  I will likely poke at that some more at some point...