Light-O-Rama Forums

Printing Channel Config - Export Option?

jimswinder

*sigh* 

So disappointing to find in S4 that there is still not an option to export the Channel Configuration to an Excel spreadsheet...

:wacko:

• Like 1

There have been several solutions for this for a while.   I recall a VB script which was passed around.  It could calculate your current needs when you added which house circuit the controller was on.

Yes I do have my private solution which I have not shared.   I am pretty sure I posted about this in 2011.     I guess I could dig that up.  But I have other much cooler stuff in the works for this year.  

• Like 1

I found a post about this. I made last year.   So Jim I do have a program which reads the config.   Is all you want to do is export to excel?    This program is 'running' but has too many quirks I dont feel like fix to release it. 

I 'think' there might be some way to release just a part of it.  Checking.  

This one on same topic.  http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/36225-software-upgrade/&do=findComment&comment=333862 

Ok Jim    You can find a completely disabled program except for the export here.   I am sure you guys will find bugs if you try.   

Select your .lcc file with open.  Wait for it to load.  Then press export.  The file will be found with the extension .csv right in the same folder the .lss was in. 

http://itsmebob.com/Christmas/2016/figur8r.exe   This is beta software!

2 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Ok Jim    You can find a completely disabled program except for the export here.   I am sure you guys will find bugs if you try.   

Select your .lcc file with open.  Wait for it to load.  Then press export.  The file will be found with the extension .csv right in the same folder the .lss was in. 

http://itsmebob.com/Christmas/2016/figur8r.exe   This is beta software!

Works great Bob...sell it to LOR!!!

Edited by jimswinder

11 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

I guess I could dig that up.  But I have other much cooler stuff in the works for this year.  

Any hints? Your software's have been invaluable to me, cant wait to see what you have in the works.

9 hours ago, jimswinder said:

Works great Bob...sell it to LOR!!!

Work like a charm. This will save a lot of time. Thanks Bob.

1 hour ago, dougd said:

Any hints? Your software's have been invaluable to me, cant wait to see what you have in the works.

Goals for this spring after I assemble the P10 matrix with 10panels 

I have a LOR Visualizer accessory tool which will allow you to nudge fixtures and fine tune shapes.    It will be called SharpIn and is 85% done.  This has a Zoom in feature and circle segment tool. It will be able to make pixels perfectly straight and equally spaced.

This year I want to have two show PCs both running independent shows.  One will be just to control the P10 matrix and will have no sound.    I will be adding features to MIIP to coordinate the two shows.   When the main show plays a song the P10 show can scroll the text I want to go with it.  It will also play messages which the guests can text to it.  This will also allow the display owner to send 'Too loud' or 'Headlights off' or other timely messages without interrupting the main show.    There will be a stand alone program which will accept command line input.  It will generate a complete sequence which contains the scrolling text for whatever matrix shape you define.  The output will be scheduled by MIIP.  Since each will be only a few seconds long there will be repeat and pause settings.  Even guest messages will play several times interlaced with other messages before they age out. 

• 2 weeks later...

Getting closer to a beta release on 'SharpIn' viz tool.   I could use help if anyone would like to share their .lee files.   Needing the most complicated visualiser set up possible with all kinds of fixture types.   Please PM me with the location of your file and its background image.   Thanks.

On 2/11/2016 at 6:56 AM, ItsMeBobO said:

I have a LOR Visualizer accessory tool which will allow you to nudge fixtures and fine tune shapes.    It will be called SharpIn and is 85% done.  This has a Zoom in feature and circle segment tool. It will be able to make pixels perfectly straight and equally spaced.

I will be looking forward to this!  That would be FAR easier than what I have done.  For my pixel tree, I manually edited the .xml file to change the position of each pixel.  Used a spreadsheet to calculate the desired position based on the start and end pixel locations for each string.  The process works great, but it's a lot of work to manually edit hundreds or thousands of pixels!  For my pixel star, I created an AutoCAD drawing that had the 360 pixels placed exactly correctly.  Then created a 1000 x 1000 pixel .jpg file from the AutoCAD file.  That was used as the background for a new visualization.  With the star that size, it was fairly easy to accurately place each pixel.  Once completed, I saved the prop and imported it into my normal yard visualization.  Last step was to shrink it to actual size and place it in the correct location.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

I will be looking forward to this!  That would be FAR easier than what I have done.  For my pixel tree, I manually edited the .xml file to change the position of each pixel.  Used a spreadsheet to calculate the desired position based on the start and end pixel locations for each string.  The process works great, but it's a lot of work to manually edit hundreds or thousands of pixels!  For my pixel star, I created an AutoCAD drawing that had the 360 pixels placed exactly correctly.  Then created a 1000 x 1000 pixel .jpg file from the AutoCAD file.  That was used as the background for a new visualization.  With the star that size, it was fairly easy to accurately place each pixel.  Once completed, I saved the prop and imported it into my normal yard visualization.  Last step was to shrink it to actual size and place it in the correct location.

Holy cow.   You are the target audience.   Let me get a teaser video together for you.   I will contact you about a beta copy soon.    I also frequently manually edit the .lee xml to get things lined up. 

Edited by ItsMeBobO