Light-O-Rama Forums

How to Program Moving Head Lights/Servos

marsh28

For Halloween this year, I want to control a few servos for various animatronics.  However, I want to use a normal DMX servo controller instead of the servo dog (don't need that many servos).  Although I know I can do this, how would I actually program the DMX values in LOR?  I'd be using an Enttec Open to connect to my DMX devices.  So far, the only explanations I've seen involve the LOR IDMX which I don't want to buy given I already have an Enttec Open.  Thanks.

You just change the channels to DMX in the sequence editor and in network preference you add the dongle and the universe number 

I already run a bunch of DMX stuff, however, I'm confused as to how you'd actually program a servo.  For example, If you want a servo to turn 25 degree clockwise, how would you program this in S3/4?

In the sequence  editor tool bar there is a DMX intensity level you set the dmx intensity between 0 to 255 that will control the movement.

59 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

In the sequence  editor tool bar there is a DMX intensity level you set the dmx intensity between 0 to 255 that will control the movement.

Dennis, the only intensity level I see in the toolbar is the the normal intensity setting, 0-100%

Nevermind, just figured out how to do it.  Just had to change my preference in the sequence editor to allow native DMX editing.  Thanks again!!

Thanks

15 hours ago, default said:

I see that you might have figured all this out by now. I too was stuck on how to move the light around. I posted an explanation of what I figured out. Maybe it will be helpful for you.

it's here http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/39749-lor-and-dmxis/

Alan...

Thanks!  The more info the better...

• The topic was locked