Light-O-Rama Forums

Why Does SE Add Universe # to Device Name??

jimswinder

Just bought Version 4.2.12 PRO...

I am inserting some Arches into my Sequence Editor using the "Insert Device Below" option.

Device is "DMX" and I change the name from "DMX" to "Arch 5" and assign it "Universe 12"

Why does it add the Universe Number (12) to the name so I end up with "Arch 512"???

Any way to shut this off so you end up with the name (ARCH 5) you actually want??

And on top of that, it then names all the pixels as "Arch 512 p1, Arch 512 p2,etc" since I have the "Include base unit ID in Channel Names" checked...

So frustrating...

Edited by jimswinder

2 hours ago, jerrymac said:

Be sure you are NOT checking the box "Include base unit ID in channel names"  (below the name box).

That does not make any difference...

Just confirmed Jim's observation in 4.3.4 Pro - both the added universe number and base unit ID in channel names  regardless of that checkbox.

5 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Just confirmed Jim's observation in 4.3.4 Pro - both the added universe number and base unit ID in channel names  regardless of that checkbox.

which is beside the point..the point is why is the Universe # being added to the Name you type into the "Name Box"...

Gee Jim, I was just trying to confirm your issue.  I created a open bug report (although you are seeing it in a non-beta version - I'm seeing it in two different beta versions).

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/39821-jrw11-universe-number-added-to-device-name/

23 minutes ago, k6ccc said:
23 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Gee Jim, I was just trying to confirm your issue.  I created a open bug report (although you are seeing it in a non-beta version - I'm seeing it in two different beta versions).

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/39821-jrw11-universe-number-added-to-device-name/

lol...thanks Jim ;)

Edited by jimswinder