Light-O-Rama Forums

My First 'How To' Video

dragonzpneuma

I posted this on Facebook but I thought I would post it here as well so others may get some use out of it.  It is my first 'How To' video discussing how I made a lot of my props for my 2015 show using steel wire frames.  It's a great process for making inexpensive and durable props.

Seen you on YouTube. Great ideas you have. I already ordered my wire from Wally World. Hope to try and build the pixel spinners soon. If you could offer a bit more in to how you did it or what you used for the center. would be much appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Cdanna77 said:

Seen you on YouTube. Great ideas you have. I already ordered my wire from Wally World. Hope to try and build the pixel spinners soon. If you could offer a bit more in to how you did it or what you used for the center. would be much appreciated. 

The center is simply a circle cut from a piece of 3/4" plywood.  I drilled the proper holes in the circle to accommodate the innermost pixels and then attached the spinner to the circle.  The circle is necessary for the spinner to provide support since it is too flexible by itself.  Hope this helps.

Keith

Nice video.

I have a suggestion to make the snowflakes FAR easier - after you start using a welder.  Use this technique to make the straight out legs of the snowflake only.  Then cut and slightly bend the cross pieces.  Clamp them in place and weld them.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked