Light-O-Rama Forums

So Cal Mini Get together

godman

9 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Greetings from Lake Havasu, Arizona.  So how was it?  I was so bummed by not being able to attend...

Hi Jim, We had a great time, met some new people, were going to plan another one for late summer.

Hope to see you then

Greg 

• 4 months later...
On 3/6/2016 at 6:47 AM, godman said:

Hi Jim, We had a great time, met some new people, were going to plan another one for late summer.

Hope to see you then

Greg 

Anything happening with a summer get together?

Hi Jim, nothing planned so far but we did say we would do something in Sept so Ill keep you posted.

• 2 months later...
On 7/13/2016 at 11:33 AM, godman said:

Hi Jim, nothing planned so far but we did say we would do something in Sept so Ill keep you posted.

September is coming to a close.  Any life to this (before we all get into massive setup mode).  At least we don't have to set up in September / October to beat the snow!

• 3 months later...

The Nor-Cal Lighters are getting together for a 'De-Briefing' of sorts to share each others seasons experiences this weekend in Sacramento if you are interested. The biggest reason for the meet is to see TGCLF Trophy presented by the Van Gent family from Redding.  I think thats a good enough reason to attend.  :)

9 minutes ago, ORANGEDOG said:

The Nor-Cal Lighters are getting together for a 'De-Briefing' of sorts to share each others seasons experiences this weekend in Sacramento if you are interested. The biggest reason for the meet is to see TGCLF Trophy presented by the Van Gent family from Redding.  I think thats a good enough reason to attend.  :)

I'd love to.  One little problem.  I'm the on-call tech for work this weekend and I have to be able to get back to work within 75 minutes.  don't think I can do that from Sacramento!  I will get up to one of your get togethers one of these days.

Yeah I know what you mean as an on-call technician about being tied down to your local area. 

Nancy and I will most likely make the trip down there to meet up with you all when a date will be set.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Bump?

I know pretty soon we will all be getting into crunch mode.  Can we try an informal get together before we are all swamped?

• Like 1

There seems to be interest.  Not trying to make anything formal, be maybe take the Sacrameno model and take over a Round Table pizza for an evening.  Added bonus if we pursue this is that if I organize if, it will be a couple blocks from my house which means if people wanted, they could come over to my house to see what I do with my year round landscape lighting...

Should I organize this?  I'm thinking a weekend date on either the weekend of 30 September, 14 October or 21 October.  Those are the Saturday dates, but does NOT have to be Saturday.  Get much later and we're getting into serious crunch time, but I'm not opposed to it.  Comments...

4 hours ago, k6ccc said:

There seems to be interest.  Not trying to make anything formal, be maybe take the Sacrameno model and take over a Round Table pizza for an evening.  Added bonus if we pursue this is that if I organize if, it will be a couple blocks from my house which means if people wanted, they could come over to my house to see what I do with my year round landscape lighting...

Should I organize this?  I'm thinking a weekend date on either the weekend of 30 September, 14 October or 21 October.  Those are the Saturday dates, but does NOT have to be Saturday.  Get much later and we're getting into serious crunch time, but I'm not opposed to it.  Comments...

Jim - It's Great you are willing to Host the meet or at least it start up.  There is nothing wrong with 'informal' meetings, its just a means of getting together to talk and share about the one thing we all have in common - Christmas lights !!  Modeling the meet after the Sacto group is a Fabulous Idea with no 'mess' to clean up afterwards.  We are expecting a Large turn out this coming weekend in Sacramento this time around as we get closer to the 'Lighting Season'. Folks are wanting to see and learn what others have in store for their displays before they start setting up.

Nancy and I are willing to make the trip down on either Sept 30 or Oct 21 as Oct 14 will be our starting night for our Halloween  Light Show and we feel we should be present to make sure all goes well.  Also a Saturday night would work better for us as we would travel back home on Sunday.

So far, your and Billy have suggested the 21st.  That would have the "advantage" that I should have my Halloween lights up that night.  I don't do a real Halloween show, but I do change the landscape lighting to Orange and Purple, and I get the lights on the eves up for that as well.  This year I will also have the new roofline lights added to the Halloween lighting.  I don't add any of the Christmas stuff in the yard until after Halloween - mainly to avoid any potential for vandalism to it.

As for copying the Sacramento gathering model, I'm no dummy.  Look at something that works and takes virtually no effort on my part.  And who doesn't like pizza?

I applaud your desire to come all this way to meet up with all of us.  I would love to have you.  One of these times, I will make it north to the Sacramento gathering...

So shall we Solidify Oct 21st Saturday as The So-Cal Pre-Season Christmas Lighting Enthusiast Meet & Greet?    If so,  Nancy and I can start to make plans booking a Hotel, meal schedule and a Quick Visit to The Happiest Place On Earth before heading back home !!
I can also invite some other Lighting Crazies that don't frequent this forum but would be a Great Asset of Information to have on hand.
WE can't wait to see your Halloween Lighting setup as I'm sure it will be Cool !

FaceBook.com/MagicalHolidayMoments
MagicalHolidayMoments.weebly.com

Halloween LightShow : Oct 14 - Oct 31
Christmas LightShow : Nov 23 - Dec 31