Light-O-Rama Forums

New site help file?

bisquit476

Any in particular that you are confused about?

They didn't change that much from the previous forum, and hovering over most of them tells you what it means.

For example, just like the old forum, a star next to a thread means you've participated in it.

Actually yes Don, I see what looks like a person icon and then it say update status, what does that mean? Thanks

Sorry, but I have no idea what you are talking about, what "status"? I looked in my profile and didn't see anything about status.

Edit, I found that "enable status updates" thing, what does it mean? I got an X on mine, not a green checkmark, what does having a green checkmark mean or do? Sorry I'm about computer stupid.

Edited by bisquit476

I doubt you are computer stupid.

Go explore. Change the setting and see what happens. You can't break anything that can't be fixed.

Explore. Learn. Live.

10 minutes ago, gmac said:

I hope you still plan to put back the LOR links at the top like it was before the change

Look for "FAQ's - **LOOK HERE**"

Thank You for the reply.  That works

Now, I didn't like not seeing a post I read or replied to after reading it, so I went to edit stream and created (what I thought was my personal stream) that would show everything Including content I had just read and named it, and yes I saved it after creating my personal stream "Genes Stream" and it seemed all the content was there when I clicked the unread content icon BUT after exiting the forum and relaunching it Genes stream was no where to be found.

What did I do wrong or doesn't it hold after exiting the forum ..........

Not sure. I did a quick test, and my stream was there when I went back into it. Might be cookie based, but I didn't check.

However, clicking "New Content" or "New Content -> All Activity" should show you everything. Even the posts you made. (And even if you click 'Mark Site Read' that shows up on some pages in the activity stream.)

• 2 months later...

I have my default stream set up with "unread content". Works great, i get a list of threads that have unread posts. But is there a way to mark individual threads as read without having to open it (i usually click on the "dot" to go to the last unread post). I wish there were a button i could click to just catch up on an individual thread if i know i don't want to read it.

You can click on MARK SITE READ at the top of the page when you are done every day, then you will see only new ones after that each time

• The topic was locked