• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LORAdmin

• saxon

• k6ccc

• robongar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now this does look different!  Poking around and figured out a few things.  Was dismayed to see no button for "new content" on every page, but figured out that I could create a custom stream to accomplish that.

I hope that the links that were at the top of the old forum for the LOR website, store, docs, videos, etc can come back.  Those were handy, and it made it easy to tell people to go to the one of the links at the top of every page.

Edited by k6ccc

yeah, no "new content" throwing me off a bit!!

7 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Now this does look different!  Poking around and figured out a few things.  Was dismayed to see no button for "new content" on every page, but figured out that I could create a custom stream to accomplish that.

I hope that the links that were at the top of the old forum for the LOR website, store, docs, videos, etc can come back.  Those were handy, and it made it easy to tell people to go to the one of the links at the top of every page.

well it seems to do quotes with IE now.

I'm seeing this for the first time ... so I'm investigating things.

I'm seeing a "Start new topic" button and a "Create" link on the page. 

newcontent.JPG

28 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Have most of the links back there. I'll get the LOR web site added soon.

28 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Was dismayed to see no button for "new content" on every page,

I totally agree here.

3 hours ago, saxon said:

Theres the new content button:)

It was there the whole time, but the forum maker decided to change it to "Activity." 

I changed it back.

44 minutes ago, aesl1982 said:

Are the new forums accessible though Tapatalk still

Not at this time.  In another thread, it was stated that they would work on that next week.

Yes it might be more "modern", but that doesn't make it any better on that point alone.  Lots of time when web site are "improve", it's simply for a modern or light/airy look/feel with little additional features or functionality improvements. IN doing this, I think websites are becoming more cluttered.

Main function I used on old site was the "new content".  Really disappointed that it appers it's  lost. I have no idea on building a "stream" to work around it's loss.

43 minutes ago, mpageler said:

Yes it might be more "modern", but that doesn't make it any better on that point alone.  Lots of time when web site are "improve", it's simply for a modern or light/airy look/feel with little additional features or functionality improvements. IN doing this, I think websites are becoming more cluttered.

Main function I used on old site was the "new content".  Really disappointed that it appers it's  lost. I have no idea on building a "stream" to work around it's loss.

If you don't see the words "New Content" in the menu, then you might need to clear cache and start again. The default was called "Activity" which does the same thing has the "New Content." Since it did the same thing I changed it to the old wording.

See the two attached images. You will see the Unread Content there, as well as the ability to create your own stream. (Which I haven't even looked at yet.)

menu_2.PNG

menu_1.PNG

Interesting that your menu is organize horizontally and mine is vertical.

Could be missing it but still don't think we have the old "new content" function.  Just a basic listing of threads (not including any posts) sorted by  time, based on activity.

While the new "new content" lists active posts by time, it also lists the actual new threads. This is fine is you are a person who wants to view/reed every single new post.  But I believe many of us like to browse through a list of current threads and pick/choose which threads to open up.  So right now with "new content", we have to scoll by for examply 3 new posts for a thread that you don't have any interest in. So extra clustter that we didn't have before.

It is nice, that it appears the forum developers are able to customise some functions/menus/layout and not stuck with a boiler plate application.

This video is from my user account, that has no more permissions/features than any other account.

You'll see the menus, the "New Content" and how to even change it to "Since last visit"

This was something that had to be set up on the older forums as well, but it's been so long most people don't remember doing it.

11 hours ago, Don said:

You asked this already, and replied to the thread. 

See here.

Yes I know I did. Thanks for the reminder ;). But i use tapa talk for year and a half so I didn't know how to go back and find the post I made originally using the forum vs Tapatalk. Sorry for the inconvience 

Edited by aesl1982