Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel set up for 24 string tree

ebrown1972

Will this channel set up work? I am wanting to take full advantage of the 512 channel universes and I will be using the F16v2 to control everything. When I check under the warnings tab no problems are found. Thanks.

post-11151-0-12387000-1454072795_thumb.p

Looks like you have to start on more universe for the last 16 channels .

Yes, that is done with my other props which is an outline of my house. I just didn't have them shown in the screen shot. I just want to make sure it all looks correct.

I see one potential problem.  You have individual pixels spanning universes.  I just checked, Sequence Editor will let you do that if you unlink channel assignment allowing you to assign the individual channels.  Visualizer will not.  There is no way in visualizer to use channels 511 & 512 as part of an RGB pixel that I could find.  Additionally visualizer will only allow you to assign the channels by pixel number (1 - 170), not individual channel (1-512).  That limits you to 510 useful channels per universe.  Also note that although you are not using a Sandevices controller, but you might some day, and they won't span universes for a single pixel.

There may be work-arounds, but I did not see them.

Dennis, I am using the pixel editor and when I check the channel configuration it shows that there are no issues. I plan on using these items as an intensity file. Will that then allow me to do what I am wanting to do? I do not plan to use a sandevice in the future but I do know the F16v2 will allow me to span universes for a single pixel. At least that is my understanding of it and that is the controller I will be using. Thanks

Sorry

Dennis, I am using the pixel editor and when I check the channel configuration it shows that there are no issues. I plan on using these items as an intensity file. Will that then allow me to do what I am wanting to do? I do not plan to use a sandevice in the future but I do know the F16v2 will allow me to span universes for a single pixel. At least that is my understanding of it and that is the controller I will be using. Thanks

. I meant Jim. lol