Light-O-Rama Forums

Tennessee Spring Mini

Ron Boyd

Tennessee Spring Mini

All are invited, not just the folks from TN. 

WHEN: Saturday, March 19, 2016

WHERE: Cleveland, TN (Just north of Chattanooga off of I-75)

3787 Blue Springs Road in Cleveland, TN  

TIME: TBD (typically 9 am – 4 pm)  

We’ll take up $$ for lunch, usually pizza. 

Agenda to follow. 

We'll be bouncing around a few ideas over the next week or so and will update then. Since all of us, it seems, had some sort of problem, or as we lovingly called it "Gremlins" this year, a lessons learned topic will probably be in there somewhere.

Ideas? If there's anything you'd like to talk about, post about it here and we'll put it on the list.

• Like 1

Mr. Boyd,

I will be watching this post. I would like to show up and meet you and others and learn from more knowledgeable folks. I would be traveling from mid-Missouri. Long drive for the old man. Hope I am still vertical by then. LOL!!!!!

Suggested Topic:  P10 Matrix.  Does anyone have one?  Does anyone plan on making one?  How to control and connect it?  Programming?

Suggested Topic:  P10 Matrix.  Does anyone have one?  Does anyone plan on making one?  How to control and connect it?  Programming?

I have an octoscroller built, but nothing else. Have not decided when or if I will do that this year.

If someone has any and would bring them, that would be fantastic.

Unless someone has ventured into the projection mapping that I don't know of, don't know if that could be a topic. I know I don't have a clue about. Awesome tech, but I'm clueless as to where to even start.

C'mon Jeff, you know you'll be here. Bring your inspire. I want to see what a professional Drone looks and flies like.

Z, and all who read, I didn't mean the last statement in a negative way, by any means. I just meant in our core group, I don't know if anyone has ventured into that stuff. I would love to learn it. My display is about as big as it's ever going to get. I've been interested in mapping for a couple of years now. Just never have found the time to do proper research to find out how to get started.

Big Dog, been wanting to see this in action myself. I hope someone brings some P-10 panels. Would love to see how it's all connected together.

Just as a side note for anyone wanting to do the P-10 panels, diyledexpress.com  has a complete kit on their Pre-sale page for $126: http://www.diyledexpress.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=75&products_id=461&zenid=55321082b83062ff0af5573a446f4b83

The kit includes everything needed including 4 panels up to 10.(Extra $$ for more panels) Beagle Bone Black, Octoscroller and everything to hook it up is included. These are the indoor panels. If you'll be using them outside, you'll need to build a waterproof case of some sort.

Edited by Ron Boyd

All good here Ron....just threw it out there. My wife and I are working on making our way out there....Thanks for holding the event again!!!

Ron,

I have just placed an order for this package (http://www.diyledexp...af5573a446f4b83) with 6 P10 panels.  Since it is a Pre-Sale I don't know if I will have it by the Tennessee Mini.  If I do I will be sure to bring it along.  Either way I will be asking for anyone's input at the MINI.

Yeah, I was thinking about ordering a kit too, but the pre-sale now won't be here til late March I think. May be the same as yours.

I have the kit on order also, But sure it won't make it on time. but hey at least we will have it ready by the fall.  I will see y'all in a few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like 3 from Mountain City.

I don't know about everyone else but I would like to see more on xlights like we did in the Fall. it was a big help to me.

also if someone could bring a Falcon controller

Time will be here before we know it. First 6 weeks of this year has flown by already. Looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting new people.

Some topics I have come up with so far. Along with any others people have mentioned.

Drone video 101.

Running LOR in DMX mode.

Latest hardware. (anyone have an LOR pixel controller?)

Bob0's tools. If you are not using them you are missing out.

Latest features in S4 that you are using.

Xlights.

Prop building.