Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie Questions

Oddfish

I am looking into the LOR system, have been for some time, I am assuming this software is stable with Microsoft 10? So that is question 1.

Question 2:

I am also assuming from what I have read that I could hook up 3-4 LOR1602Wg3's, a PixCom16,and 2-3 CMB24D's off of the same computer if I am running the S4 Pro software. Is this assumption correct.

And, a follow up; will the PixCom16 work with other smart RGB line in both LOR and E1:31 or just E1:31 or neither?

The software is stable and runs under Windows 10.

Make sure you disconnect your show computer from the Internet while the show is running so it doesn't update in the middle of the show !

Sorry no idea what PixCom16 is but if your licence is high enough then it can run all that and lots more.

• Like 1

I want to add longer cords to my CCR's, 40ft. 50ft. 60ft to keep the controllers in one central location. Can I cut them and add splices in? What kind of wire should I use? Please advise. Thank you kindly.

I want to add longer cords to my CCR's, 40ft. 50ft. 60ft to keep the controllers in one central location. Can I cut them and add splices in? What kind of wire should I use? Please advise. Thank you kindly.

I don't think, in fact I am sure you can't because of the data loss. Move the controllers and use CAT 5 cables.

Yes the pixcon 16 will run in LOR enhanced mode but u must have the high speed usb485 adapter to do so. If you do u must run your ctb controllers on a separate adapter. Personally I'd run the pixcon in e131 mode and setup a dmx output for your ctb controllers

Yes the pixcon 16 will run in LOR enhanced mode but u must have the high speed usb485 adapter to do so.

Where did you get this info about the HS adapter and enhanced mode? Not saying your wrong, I don't know much about pixcon 16, wondering where you got this from.

Edited by saxon

The PixCon only runs at 500K and 1000K speeds - therefore, a high speed adapter.  Of course I'm talking about using it via LOR network rather than E1.31.

So it is a requirement of the speed and not the pixicon?

because 500k WILL RUN with the black adapter. I do it, Brian does it, and even the LOR description page for the HS will tell you the black adapters will work at 500k. Therefore it is not a "must have".  ........?

Not all of the black adaptors will run AT 500K! I have 3 of them that wouldn't do it, so I replaced them. It may not be a must have, but you may need it! I would think LOR would stop selling the black one since anyone that is purchasing one would spend the extra dollar or two just to have the ability to run at those speeds.

The LOR website it's kind of hard to find. But it's all there. I was thinking about a pixcon 16 but ended up with 2 pixlite 4 that I will run e131 to. Only reason I did this is the distance between my pixels would have involved null pix and power injection on almost all of my strips. So e131 and 2 controllers just works for me. May I ask why you don't just use e 131

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/26/2016 at 10:20 AM, Oddfish said:

My question is I have been using LOR controllers for over 6 years. This year I am going to add CCR Mega tree and CCR Leaping Arches.  I was wondering if I purchased a CCR sequence do I just cut and paste it to my current sequence will it work? Or do I have to change something?

• The topic was locked