Light-O-Rama Forums

Why is pixel editor doing this?

ebrown1972

Each time I exit out of something in pixel editor half of what I try to exit out of stays on the screen. Any idea how I can fix this? I am wondering if it has something to do with my computer settings. Attached is the screen shot. Thanks

post-11151-0-99415500-1453763700_thumb.p

After trying several different settings I finally got it lined out. It came down to being as simple as changing my background theme. That's 3 hours I will never get back!!!!!!!!!!

Well I thought I had it now my mouse won't let me re size anything. Very frustrating. I can re size anything in every other program like the visualizer but not in pixel editor.

I have plenty of ram memory available. I am not sure exactly what is going on. I have no issues with xlights, sequence editor, superstar, or visualizer, or any of those.  Its only pixel editor that I have issues with. I can set up my models with the basic theme so the mouse lets me re size props. Once those are set up I can switch back to an aero theme and then sequence away. Just a pain but doable.

IMHO that looks a lot like a Video Driver problem.  

I have the same issues with programs other than PE when I have my USB monitor attached.  That is because the drivers for the USB monitor aren't all that great and can sometimes ghost the display just like that.  I'm not saying yours is due to a USB monitor (or that you have one), just how mine happens.

Go to the mfg of your video card and/or computer mfg and see if there are newer video drivers.  Install them if so.

That looks like Windows 7.  When it happens you can right-click on an open part of your desktop and select 'Refresh'.  That will clear it up.

If I boot in to XP,  PE acts exactly like that and is very Slowwwww.   If I then boot into Win10 on the same computer it runs just fine with all of the same hardware.  (No USB Monitor)   So I also think it is a driver problem or how the memory is handled between Windows versions