Light-O-Rama Forums

Christmas Display 2015

JasonKing

This is our second year. Due to a heavy work schedule this was the only song that turned out good enough to edit and post. We are using one 16 channel and 16 10 watt RGB floods all LOR. Maybe I'll have better luck this year.

Really enjoyed the floods.

Do you really need 16 of them though? Do they not cover much of an area?

I am thinking about getting the 8 pack myself.

I mainly use the floods for our Halloween display, I just thought I would try them for Xmas . I think the coverage is good, some colors are better then others. I don't think you will be disappointed if you pick up the flood pack. I have a video in the Halloween display section on this forum, if you want to check them out.

I thought the 'spinning' effect of the floods towards the end (1:27) was great.  I've never seen floods stacked back-to-back like that.  I just thought it was a great look (if I had 8 mor eI would be copying it next year).  Timed perfectly to the music too.  

All-in-all I thought it was good for 16 channels and a bunch of floods.  My only suggestion would to keep the floods on a split second longer (or fade) to avoid the sharp on-off beat keeping... I noticed it mostly on the downbeats (around :30 for example).

I'll hopefully check out the Halloween vids tomorrow over my lunch break. 

• The topic was locked