Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence not stopping

drivemewilder

I'm trying to test out a recently purchased ccp from another member. Whether I use the new one or one that I used last year, I'm having no luck. Using the same laptop as my light show, when I hit play....the scroll bar scrolls, music plays, and when I hit stop it stops. But when I click on "control lights" and play...the scroll bar may or may not scroll, and the music plays for around 10 seconds after I hit stop, and my lights do nothing. Anyone know what this is?

Are you trying to control lights that are not connected?  As I recall that was an issue for me in the past. (such as a dmx universe programmed in the sequence and no dongle connected to the computer. )

Steve

They are connected. I had them on the wrong network. But why did that affect the sequence not stopping?

I don't know why, I just know I was doing testing once and things were acting screwy. I did not have all my lights connected. only some of them. I think that drives the little guys in the computer nuts trying to send a signal out to the lights.