Light-O-Rama Forums

Twinkle and shimmer

ebrown1972

I will more than likely be doing my sequencing using Superstar. I will be using an E131 controller to build a 24 string 180 tree. When sequencing with Superstar will my E131 device recognize twinkle and shimmer? It seems that I have read that twinkle and shimmer does not work with E131 devices. I would hate to do a bunch of sequencing using some twinkles and shimmers only to find out that I have no twinkle and shimmer. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

If it does not work, I must be imagining things on my pixel tree which uses both shimmer and twinkle (and it looks great).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have a pc16 ac controller hooked up to dmx through my E1 31 Network with the latest firmware and my twinkle and Shimmer do not look very good. (Am I missing something) in visualizer it looks fine in reality it looks like crap.

21 hours ago, Ebuechner said:

I have a pc16 ac controller hooked up to dmx through my E1 31 Network with the latest firmware and my twinkle and Shimmer do not look very good. (Am I missing something) in visualizer it looks fine in reality it looks like crap.

Something is not right then.

Have you got any pixels connected to the controller?

Could the universe configuration be wrong so the controller is receiving DMX intended to go to pixels?

Do you have lag problems?

It should look exactly the same, if not identical.

Here is a video that I created. It shows some RGB lights. One is controlled by DMX and the other by LOR. You can see how little difference there is between them.

I'm using a CTB16PC there is absolutely nothing wrong with the setup there are no lag problems all the other DMX devices on that Universe twinkle and Shimmer perfectly. The CTB16PC AC controller is the only thing that has an issue. I'm using a E1.31 6 Port Bridge kit that I built from DIY LED Express to connect to the LOR AC controller. I have Renard plus 32 boards that I built and programmed with DMX protocol hooked up to the same universe and they will twinkle and Shimmer just fine. It seems to be mainly the Shimmer with that controller it ends up looking more like just random blinking all channels at once