Light-O-Rama Forums

Enhanced LOR Protocol in S4

Val Bennett

I am trying to determine if we need to upgrade from "Advanced" to "Pro" level when I upgrade to S4. We currently have a little less than 6000 channels, may get 12 more CCR's and make it closer to 8000. I would definitely add a network or two for the CCR tree, but not sure how much of an advantage the "Enhanced Protocol" is in the Pro level. Any advice?

Thanks

If you wanted to avoid spending $50 on the upgraded license, then you could go with multiple networks and not run into a problem. 

With the number of channels you have, and Cosmic devices you have, I think you could go either way and be okay.

• Like 1

I am trying to determine if we need to upgrade from "Advanced" to "Pro" level when I upgrade to S4. We currently have a little less than 6000 channels, may get 12 more CCR's and make it closer to 8000. I would definitely add a network or two for the CCR tree, but not sure how much of an advantage the "Enhanced Protocol" is in the Pro level. Any advice?

Thanks

If you want to use intensity files from SuperStar or Pixel Editor, you must have the Pro license.  For 2015, I found that my old slow show computer ran out of horsepower on one of the new songs that I added in 2015.  I am using SuperStar, and had the Pro level license, so I switched to using an intensity file and the show computer was now able to easily handle the new (really fast) song.  For Christmas I run three LOR networks plus E1.31 so network congestion is not an issue - just the CPU.  Going from S3 to S4 with no other changes will not require going to the Pro level license, but intensity files does.

• Like 1