Light-O-Rama Forums

In Honor of my Wife -- See you Again -- Christmas Display 2015

Rapajez

I finally added some RGB (dumb, but RGB all the same) to my display this year, and a few rows of strobes--probably the coolest effect you can get for your money. Thanks to everyone on the forums who answered my questions on both topics. 

I also got a little aerial footage of my songs from a Parrot Bepob Drone. 

I did Wiz Khalifa's See You Again, ft. Charlie Puth this year, in honor of my wife, who passed away this May. I was just getting tired of hearing the song played out on the radio then, but it obviously took on a new meaning after May. I'm not sure if there's an award for "Most People Who Started Randomly Bawling In Front of Display", but I might have got it this year. 

I didn't have much sequencing time this year, which is why the length is a little short on everything. I also did Let's Go [Ricky Luna Remix], Travis Barker feat Busta Rhymes, Lil Jon, and a bunch of other hilarious names. It had a nice amount of Dubstep and Crazy Fast Rapping to try to sync Santa's lips to. The recording got a little off-track with the audio towards the last few seconds, but I was too lazy to redo it. :P

One thing that bugged me -- of the 8 RGB strands I purchased, 1 was always off color. Like the Blue level was always higher than it was supposed to be. I tried swapping controller ports, but the issue stayed with the RGB Strand. Any ideas? 

Fantastic work on the sequencing, particularly the fast rapping! I really enjoyed both of them!  I've found you really don't want to go much over 2 - 2.5 minutes so these felt about the right length to me.

• Like 1

Well done Sequencing. Love the effects of your RGB Tree! It looks great. Sorry for your loss. She was probably watching over your display all season!

I agree on timing, I usually don't like letting my songs go over 2 minutes. Figure that's long enough for one song and on to the next!!

Very touching. It is amazing to hear the stories behind the selections of songs. Not everybody's selection, but hearing your story I couldn't have picked a better one.  Nice job on the lighting and I agree the strobes add the finishing touch without being overused.

• Like 1

One thing that bugged me -- of the 8 RGB strands I purchased, 1 was always off color. Like the Blue level was always higher than it was supposed to be. I tried swapping controller ports, but the issue stayed with the RGB Strand. Any ideas? 

I have a mix of CCRs that are either my warm yellow/pink set or blue set.    I can imagine that if I did not have a full set in my CCR tree of a consistent hue, I would go crazy too.

LOR is pretty good with customer service and I would contact them to see if you can get a replacement from them.  Otherwise I would try to buy a new one from them to match your older colors and then sell the one you don't like here in the forums.     Also - if you find you don't have any luck there - I have one warm CCR that does not match all of my blue ones - perhaps a swap?  Unfortunately we couldn't live much farther apart or it would be advantageous just to meet and exchange....

Good luck!

Beautiful sequencing to a very touching song. I must say that I welled up after hearing it and knowing the meaning to why you programmed it. I'm very sorry for your loss. Don't ever take that song out of your display, she is there with you every time it plays.

On a lighter note, the rapping Santa face took some talent...and time..Nice job! 

• Like 1

• The topic was locked