Light-O-Rama Forums

What is the average life of Cosmic color ribbons?

balloon2000

Looking at buying some used Color ribbons but how long do they last under normal conditions like Christmas seasons only? 

I have ccr strips on my tree going on 5 years now without problems I do store them straight not rolled up don't know if that helps but I think it does .

They are easily damaged so you must careful.   I have 12 and still looking to buy more.

I purchased 4 used and now have used them 2 seasons with zero dead pixels.    These four are mounted on 18 foot conduit and are stored straight and flat in the shed.

But the CCRs on my arches which are bowed do get occasional dead pixels.  These are hard to move and store the same way they are displayed.   Dont bump them or whack them against the shed door.

Fra Gee Lay 

I think I am on year 5 for my arches. They are rolled up at the end of the season and stored in the house.

Fourth year for mine...showing quite a bit of water damage inside on about 5 of the 12 on my ribbon tree...I roll them back up every year

• 1 year later...

This looks like an old string but I was wondering if anyone recently are having issues with life of CCRs?  I’m on year 4 of my 12 ribbon tree and each year after year 1 I have had to replace some ribbons.  I just put my tree up this year and it appears at least 4 of the 12 are having issues.  I store my ribbons on EMT conduit carefully hanging them on the garage wall in two sets of six strings.  I don’t think I could be more careful with them and my setup makes sure they are very secure when the tree is up.  It is frustrating to have to replace ribbons each year.  The CCRs are great but it is very expensive to buy 12 for a CCR tree - at this price I paid - I would expect many years of issue free use.  Anyone know what LORs warranty is on the CCRs.  Since they are used around 1 month out of the year, they should be warranted for quite some time - in my opinion.

To the best of my knowledge their warranty is for 2 years from date of purchase.  I've not seen anyone with a longer warranty on ribbons.

• The topic was locked