Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR's for Sale

Welsford

I have 15 CCR's that I am selling.  My display will be changing dramatically and these won't have a home anymore.

All of the ribbons and controllers have been stored in climate control during the off seasons and the ribbons were either coiled in their original box or were stored flat.  There are no dead pixels and the controllers are all running the latest 1.19 firmware.  While this is used gear you will find posts in this forum from Light-O-Rama attesting to the fact that they stand by their gear even when not the original purchaser.  I have had great experience with having them fix things on my other controllers that weren't in warranty anymore and they really do hold up for the long haul.

I'm hoping to sell these in lots to avoid having to take apart controller boxes and to also save you some effort :)  I will take requests in the order they are received with preference going to those that want to buy a complete lot first.  If I don't get any takers on the lot I'll pull it apart and go about it that way so do send a note and I'll contact you in order received if there is no interest in the lot.  If you want the lot but not the box that's fine too.  I can pull it out of there for you but they are priced to move.  The controllers are all daisy chained with custom fit cables for the boxes so they are ready to go out of the box :)  The lot preference is for the ribbons and the box\power supply is the buyer's discretion.  Buyer pays shipping via method of choice.  If you want it all, make me an offer.

Some Reference Numbers:

CCR Full Retail: $250

Summer Sale: $190

Early Bird Sale: $180

Here: $150 + boxes as noted

Lot #1

Four CCR Ribbons and Controllers with Original Power Supplies

These controllers are mounted on an aluminum rail in a Cantex box.  The power supplies are mounted behind the controllers (hard to see I know)  This allows a lot of extra space.  A single SPT2 cable can power the entire box and be well within ratings.  There is a small power strip that each of the power supplies is plugged into.  All entries into the box are sealed with neoprene washers.  There is also an eye for locking the box up at the bottom.  I've never had any water issues.  The lid is gasketed.  These ribbons are four years old I believe.

Price: $600 for Ribbons and $20 for the box (box alone is $30 at Home Depot and look at the mounting job I did for you!!! lol)

Here is a picture of the controller mounts: 

image1sm.JPG

Lot #2

Two CCR Ribbons and Controllers with Original Power Supplies

These are the same as lot #1 but there are only two controllers in the box.  The rails are full rails however so plenty of room to mount more. These ribbons are four years old I believe.

Price: $300 for Ribbons and $20 for the box

Lot #3

Four CCR Ribbons and Controllers with 200 Watt Power Supply

These controllers are mounted in an Orbit Sprinkler Controller box ( http://www.homedepot.com/p/Orbit-Outdoor-Timer-Box-57095/100158884 ) This box has two levels and the power supply is mounted behind the front level.  The box also has a lock and keys are included.  There is a terminal strip that takes the power output (DC) and terminates it into the power plugs for the controllers.  Each CCR is 36 Watts so the supply is more than enough to power the four and remain well below the maximum rating.  The power supply is the one sold by LOR with an IP67 rating http://store.lightorama.com/1260waposu.html

I do have the original power supplies but the ends were cut off.  I'm happy to solder and seal them back together for you if that's what you'd prefer for an additional $10.  If you just want them to do yourself that's fine too but I found the single brick to be much easier to deal with. These ribbons are three years old I believe.

Price: $600 for Ribbons  $50 for Power Supply  $15 for the box

Here is a picture of the controller mounts:

image2sm.JPG

Lot #4

Four CCR Ribbons and Controllers with 200 Watt Power Supply

This is identical to Lot#3 These ribbons are three years old I believe but two of them are only two years old.

Price: $600 for Ribbons  $50 for Power Supply  $15 for the box

Lot #5

Once CCR Ribbon and Controller with Original Power Supply

This ribbon is two years old I believe.

Note that preference on this item will go to those purchasing a larger lot first.  If no takers then it becomes free game.

Price: $150

Larger images of the boxes can be found here:

http://www.beaching.org/lor/lor.html

Edited by Welsford

Sending a PM. I'd like Lot #5. And I'm working with my wife to make an offer on one of the other lots. But definitely #5 please. Thank you.

May I ask how you mounted the controllers in the sprinkler box? I need to find a better waterproofing solution for mine.

Thank you.

Happy New Year!

Mike

The are mounted with an angle bracket screwed to the plastic backer with a stainless sheet metal screw and then a stainless nut and bolt to hold the controller on the bracket. It is plenty strong with just the one side mounted. The back area has room for four power bricks but it is quite crowded. The single power supply was a much better way to go.

The are mounted with an angle bracket screwed to the plastic backer with a stainless sheet metal screw and then a stainless nut and bolt to hold the controller on the bracket. It is plenty strong with just the one side mounted. The back area has room for four power bricks but it is quite crowded. The single power supply was a much better way to go.

Thank you for the info.

Mike

UPDATED PRICING!!!!

Based on some feedback from some interested parties on age I tried to come up with a way to value the devices.  While LOR doesn't make a statement of expected age, most ribbons on the market with the same components come with a rating of 50,000 hours expected life.  At 6 hours a night for two months out of the year you would be at 360 hours so that is many years of life. I estimate that cosmic color devices have a value life of about 8 years.  Based upon that, that would depreciate the ribbons at ~$23 per year.

So with that said, here is some updated pricing:

Lot#1 - Spoken For

Lot#2 - $205

Lot#3 - $540

Lot#4 - $587

Lot#5 - $143

and also I had listed out in another thread so I'll consolidate here, I have two CCPs that are brand new.  One has bubble wrap on it still and the other was used for one night for Halloween.

That would be Lot#6 and those are $300 for the pair (summer sale pricing is $360 for the pair so I've knocked off 20% off the top even though they are brand new)

See if that changes anyone's thoughts.

If you want more than one lot or all of one and part of another, I'm willing to make a deal.

Edited by Welsford

• The topic was locked