Light-O-Rama Forums

Special Dedication to our Daughter....

amtrak115

Our Daughter was diagnosed with Breast Cancer just before Thanksgiving.  I had got her hooked on doing her own light show for Halloween and she had bought the singing trees for her Christmas display.  Once she was diagnosed, and started Chemo Treatments, the Sequencing of light shows became a welcome destraction for her.  Her daughter and husband suggested that she do this fight song for her display.  At first she didn't like the song, but it grew on her, as she listen to the words.  After she had sequenced the mouth movements for the 4 HolidayCoro singing trees, she passed the sequence on to me.  In my Display this year I added a 5th singing tree with an optional "Bow" on the tree to indicate a female singer.  I adapted her sequence to fit my Quintet of trees.  I contacted the Demented Elf for the special lead-in announcement.  

The song/sequence was great!!!

Your daughter should be very proud. :)

Very nice addition of the 5th singing tree (the daughter tree).

I know you are proud of your daughter for receiving some bad news and then turning it into a positive thing by sequencing this great song.

Faith and attitude are showing in this sequence as it is in your family.

My prayers are with you, your family and especially your daughter to kick this bad thing and live a long happy life.

Tom

This one hit all to close to home for my family and I. We are in the final stages of the recovery process with my wife. She was diagnosed with Breast Cancer 1.5 yrs ago. Several surgeries, Chemo, Radiation, the works. At least one more surgery is planned and then the continuing chemo drug, but things are getting back to normal.

Your daughter and your family are in our prayers. This was an awesome thing to do for her. Kudos to her for doing the original work. 

Keep her laughing. It worked for me. It seems laughter took her mind off of one of the most scary times in both of our lives.

May God bless and keep her in the new year and in future years.

Good thoughts,

Ron

Edited by Ron Boyd

Ditto what Ron said; wife diagnosed 10 years ago; doing great now

Hard to imagine when its your daughter; I have 2 soo..

Our prayers are with you

Beautiful song & sequence.  I was diagnosed with stage 4 Hodgkins Lymphoma in 2005 and in late 2013 I was declared cured.  Cancer can be beaten - never an easy road but never give up!

Our thoughts & prayers are with your daughter and your family during these tough days. 

congratulations tomsusie; wonderful to hear good news like that

amtrak115, will add your daughter to our prayer list

What a perfect song!!  I will keep your daughter in my thoughts.  My Mom was recently diagnosed for a second time, after being clear for over 20 years. My Grandma was a 60 year survivor, and one of my Mom's cousins is a 15-18 year survivor.  I hope your daughter kicks cancers butt big time!!!  Hugs to her!!

• The topic was locked