Light-O-Rama Forums

PE & Importing existing SE sequence question

robigd

Hi,

I had a question about importing existing SE sequences into PE. 

I plan on adding a 16 CCR tree to my existing PE preview file next year. I intend on purchasing some pre-made 16 CCR sequences and was curious if there are any restrictions and/or limitations to importing the sequences into PE and being able to sequence the other pixels in SE while having the imported sequence display in the PE visualizer as well.

I assume that if the channels are set up the same in SE as they are in the PE preview, there would be no issue, but I just wanted to check here first.

Thanks!

As things work now, you would merge the purchased sequence with the rest of your sequencing in SE, then migrate the pixel tree channels into PE, eventually removing them from SE. Hopefully we can make that process easier in 2016.

Who do you plan on purchasing a sequence from? Just asking so I can test sequences from that vendor.

Thanks,

Matt

Thanks for the response Matt. The ones I was looking at are at holidaysequences.com.

Can you elaborate on the merging the purchased sequencing with the rest of your sequencing in SE? I don't plan on doing any sequencing in SE, so I assume just migrating the pixel tree channels into PE would do the trick in this case?

Thanks for all of your hard work on PE. It is an amazing program.

Can you elaborate on the merging the purchased sequencing with the rest of your sequencing in SE? I don't plan on doing any sequencing in SE, so I assume just migrating the pixel tree channels into PE would do the trick in this case?

The PE migration tool does its matching by channel settings (i.e. network, unit id and circuit # must all match). So as long as the SE sequence has the channels set, the migration will work.

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

Have you tried any sequences from Wowlights? Can't get my pixel tree prop to work correctly. All the others I did myself work fine!