Light-O-Rama Forums

Large number of scenes to create shower effect

Steven

I am editing the "Carol of the Bells" sequence that I purchased from Brian, and I find that the "shower" effect near the beginning is composed of literally thousands of scenes, each which have only 1 pixel. There is no way that this was done by hand, but I can't find a tool to create something similar. How was this done?

The "shower" effect was done using the rapid fire trigger and "1 pixel" theme in Instant Sequence. There is a tutorial on the rapid fire trigger:

I used the same TCM for all 12 ribbons and for the rows that I wanted to travel further I set more "freqs" in the Timing Map. I ended up just using the first "burst" and using copy/paste in superstar to repeat it.

Are you talking about the 12 CCR sequence?

What shower effect?  I purchased that sequence last year from Brian also and didn't remember a shower effect, nor do I remember thousands of scenes with a single pixel.  So I am remoted into my show computer and looking at the original sequence from Brian,and I don't see anything I would call a shower effect, nor "thousands of scenes".  Are we talking about the same sequence, and what time was what you're calling a shower effect?

Brian answered while I was typing, and I'm guessing that he revised the sequence after I bought it last year...

He is referring to "Carol of the Bells" by David Foster which I finished just a few weeks ago both for 12 CCRs, 16 CCRs, and the CCP Tree

Got it, not the TSO version that I have...

No wonder I was confused...

I just watched the first part of the David Foster version and NOW I understand the "shower effect"