Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR II

Bruce Womack

:? I have a couple of dumb questions...I downloaded LOR II and trying to learn it..

What is MIDI wizard??????

And I go to tools tab and it is not highlited like the others are............WHY?????

Signed STUPID...............

Bruce Womack wrote:

:? I have a couple of dumb questions...I downloaded LOR II and trying to learn it..

What is MIDI wizard??????

And I go to tools tab and it is not highlited like the others are............WHY?????

Signed STUPID...............

Hi Bruce,

Follow this link in a previous post, hopefully this should help.

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=9179&forum_id=25&highlight=midi+wizard

Regards,

Pete ;)

Hi Stupid, ;)

Sidebar: In my home time there was a person whose first name was Duffis... Now I am not sure of the spelling but when pronounced it was like duffis which at least around here is the same as dork or a mild form of idiot.

Back to Bruce's question!

The Midi wizard is for midi file. Midi files are a type of audio file and were one of the first to be used on computers. The files are very small compared to MP3 files. The midi file does not contain a "picture" of the sound like a MP3 or wav file does. Rather the midi file contains a list of instruments like piano, trumpet, ... and the notes they play and when they play them. The computer's sound card or cpu has to take those commands and convert them into sound. Thus a midi file is only instruments and does not have peoples voices.

The really nice thing about midi is that it does have exact times when notes are played and which instrumens play them. The LOR software looks into the file to get this information and displays it in the midi wizard. The wizard can automatically populate the sequence with things like a particular instrument on a particular channel, etc...

That option will be grayed out if the file you are using is not a midi file.

Dan

STUPID here,

THANK YOU.

I think I know what you mean......That cleared alot up for me....

thank you, thank you.........

No relation that I know of...... Do not know him. The family tree runs all around don't know them all.......Wished I was related to Lee Ann Womack........hahahaha